This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help choosing: Binary Domain, Vanquish, or Dead Island

#11LennyGcPosted 2/11/2013 8:45:52 AM
It will take you way more than 6 hours trying to beat those challenges.
---
.:PSN: LennyGC:. // Platinum trophies: 23
Games I'm playing: Dragon's Dogma.
#12docholliday504Posted 2/11/2013 8:49:41 AM
BD it is awesome.

Vanquish is OK. It's mechanics are a blast at first but become tiresome by the end of the game....and there is a graphical flaw i had a hard time forgiving...during the ingame conversations the characters lips do not move when they talk. Maybe a minor issue but that is some 5th gen stuff right there. I felt like I wsa playing PS1 era Resident Evils.

Dead Island is just a hack job cash grab by someone trying to capitalize on the undead craze. No one loved this game including the developers. Within an hour of playing, its abundantly clear that everyone working on it was doing so for a paycheck and nothing more.
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Halo 4, Persona 3
#13carib2gPosted 2/11/2013 8:53:04 AM
TenguBro posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
Vanquish
+ looks visually awesome
+ demo was fun (got my butt kicked though)
- heard it's very short (about 6 hrs)

Don't think of Vanquish as a short game, think of it as a long orgasm.

LMAO!! I like that.

I have no issues with the length...in fact, if the game was an hour or two shorter it would be the perfect "arcade" shooter!
---
Best of 2012: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Far Cry 3
Gamercard: http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Carib2g.png
#14Dark_SpiretPosted 2/11/2013 9:00:32 AM
BD-Good
Vanquish-Great
DI-OK

DI has a LOT of content and it pretty fun in coop, smashing zombies is fun of course, but the game is really rough around the edges with a lot of balancing issues. Its decent, but i woudlnt play it without some friends and at a cheap price.

Binary Domain is a standard shooter with a decent length, story and characters. bosses are cool and its fun to shoot up robots. general gameplay however is as standard as it gets when it comes ot cover shooters. good game though.

Vanquish is my favorite of the 3. amazing mechanics at play, good bosses and its just a pure adrenaline rush. down side is its quite short at 5-6hours.
#15HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 9:03:02 AM
Dark_Spiret posted...
BD-Good
Vanquish-Great
DI-OK

DI has a LOT of content and it pretty fun in coop, smashing zombies is fun of course, but the game is really rough around the edges with a lot of balancing issues. Its decent, but i woudlnt play it without some friends and at a cheap price.

Binary Domain is a standard shooter with a decent length, story and characters. bosses are cool and its fun to shoot up robots. general gameplay however is as standard as it gets when it comes ot cover shooters. good game though.

Vanquish is my favorite of the 3. amazing mechanics at play, good bosses and its just a pure adrenaline rush. down side is its quite short at 5-6hours.

ugh, very disappointing seeing the flaws (freezing, save glitch, framrate drops) on the DI board... :(

but it looks like I'll be getting BD now, and Vanquish down the road!
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#16Ottopilot666Posted 2/11/2013 11:33:18 AM(edited)
If you want to kill zombies Yakuza Dead Souls would be a better option then Dead Island, voted for Vanquish because I haven't played Binary Domain yet but I'm waiting on it shipping to me
#17OrangeSchweesePosted 2/11/2013 11:35:13 AM
DI is one of the best co-op games I've played. Don't listen to the haters.
#18TelekiNoctisPosted 2/11/2013 11:43:19 AM
Dead Island has more replay value and is the better game overall.
Vanquish is meh (typical Platinum Games game; overrated & mediocre).
Binary Domain is garbage (think of it as Quantum Theory 2).
---
http://i.imgur.com/iJ8BI.gif
#19HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 12:00:11 PM
Ottopilot666 posted...
If you want to kill zombies Yakuza Dead Souls would be a better option then Dead Island, voted for Vanquish because I haven't played Binary Domain yet but I'm waiting on it shipping to me

I read Yakuza DS's controls are awful :(
which I really hope isn't true seeing how I love Yakuza 3, planning on buying 4 and hopefully 5
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#20NotCeoPosted 2/11/2013 12:06:01 PM
Vanquish if you're into fast paced action games.

Dead Island if you want more of an action-RPGish experience. It's not great but you'll most likely have some fun with it. No split-screen.

Binary Domain if you want to regret your decision.