This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help choosing: Binary Domain, Vanquish, or Dead Island

#31AnthonM2Posted 2/11/2013 3:06:34 PM
BD, any other choice is wrong.
#32NovaKaneXPosted 2/11/2013 3:10:22 PM
Dat Vanquish.

Easily one of the best games I've played this gen.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/f50jfr.jpg
Cot damn!
#33brolynickPosted 2/11/2013 3:16:50 PM
I'd go with Dead Island. Been playing it for about 15 hours so far and haven't encountered any glitches or freezes yet. The zombie killing is satisfying, and at times it can get real tense when you're surrounded by zombies with almost no health or ammo left. I'm having a ton of fun with it even though I'm playing solo.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#34shawnmckPosted 2/11/2013 3:27:56 PM
ISquat600lbs posted...
OrangeSchweese posted...
DI is one of the best co-op games I've played. Don't listen to the haters.

What co-op games have you played exactly? Just Twin Caliber and Dead Island? Because Dead Island is a horrible glitchy, badly ported piece of $#!& by a third-rate $#"*^y developer that well deserves all of its haters and a lot more for all the people that bought it because of that one trailer that was popular.

People shouldn't be allowed to use the forums if they have bad taste in games, imagine if someone listened to some of the people and spent their hard earned dollars on this garbage.

And to the other guy that's a straight up lie that "all bugs have been patched" and you know it.

^ See, this is what I mean.
Insecure butt-hurt trolls that don't want anyone else to play Dead Island because they are afraid you might actually like it...so they are compelled to over-exaggerate its problems and act like hysterical chicken-littles.
They would rather insult anyone they can than admit that the game is good.

Now I'm NOT saying that you (TC) will like it, as with any game there are those who like or dislike any game for any reasons...but Dead Island gets a lot of unfair hatred.

I bought the game for both the XB 360 & PS3 (because I liked it that much), and frequented the DI boards repeatedly for long periods of time...and while there were some people who didn't like the game, there were a lot more people who did like the game, and were glad they gave it a chance, and were surprised by all the unfair hatred that the game gets.

The game is fairly cheap too, so for $20 bucks, why not take the chance ?
But like I said, watch gameplay footage over at youtube first to see if the game appeals to you before you actually decide.
#35ISquat600lbsPosted 2/11/2013 3:36:32 PM
shawnmck posted...
ISquat600lbs posted...
OrangeSchweese posted...

What co-op games have you played exactly? Just Twin Caliber and Dead Island? Because Dead Island is a horrible glitchy, badly ported piece of $#!& by a third-rate $#"*^y developer that well deserves all of its haters and a lot more for all the people that bought it because of that one trailer that was popular.

People shouldn't be allowed to use the forums if they have bad taste in games, imagine if someone listened to some of the people and spent their hard earned dollars on this garbage.

And to the other guy that's a straight up lie that "all bugs have been patched" and you know it.

^ See, this is what I mean.
Insecure butt-hurt trolls that don't want anyone else to play Dead Island because they are afraid you might actually like it...so they are compelled to over-exaggerate its problems and act like hysterical chicken-littles.
They would rather insult anyone they can than admit that the game is good.

Now I'm NOT saying that you (TC) will like it, as with any game there are those who like or dislike any game for any reasons...but Dead Island gets a lot of unfair hatred.

I bought the game for both the XB 360 & PS3 (because I liked it that much), and frequented the DI boards repeatedly for long periods of time...and while there were some people who didn't like the game, there were a lot more people who did like the game, and were glad they gave it a chance, and were surprised by all the unfair hatred that the game gets.

The game is fairly cheap too, so for $20 bucks, why not take the chance ?
But like I said, watch gameplay footage over at youtube first to see if the game appeals to you before you actually decide.

I'm not afraid that people may like it, what kind of logic is that? The kind of logic a moron would use.

I picked it up for $30 recently and it was unplayable. I have no idea why my friend told me to get it to play it with him. I thought he had good taste, I've never been so disappointed in someone.

Why in God's glorious name would you buy it twice? Once I understand as we all make mistakes, but do you not have a job or hobbies? You just buy the same games again to support developers that release glitch filled games with bad gameplay, graphics and storylines? I would understand more if you bought a console version and then the PC so you can use mods and make it run a lot more smoothly but buying it for two different consoles seems like a waste of money. I earn a lot but when it comes to things like that I would rather give 30 bucks to a homeless guy so he can get a sandwich and some beer than throw money at a developer like that for something I already have a copy of.
#36GeassMasterPosted 2/11/2013 3:39:53 PM
BD for story, length,characters, and good enough gameplay.
Vanquish for gameplay.

Dead Island is the least polished of the three. Combat is less than average. Zero story what so ever. Feels more like a closed off sandbox.
---
Now Playing: EDF 2017 Portable, P4G, Ys Origin, Prince of Persia(2008), Metro 2033, DW: Gundam 2, Ni No Kuni, Fire Emblem:Awakening
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#37FiendingHardPosted 2/11/2013 3:39:59 PM
Dead Island is a decent game at best. I have a friend who is the biggest fan of zombie games and even he was disappointed by it at launch. If you can get the GotY bundle for $10 which it often goes on sale for, get it.

Binary Domain is a solid TPS with an interesting story/setting and is grossly underrated.

Not only is Vanquish one of the best TPS ever created, its also one of the best games ever created and an absolute joy to play. A lot of games have borrowed game mechanics from this revolutionary game, including Binary Domain (RE6 and Sleeping Dogs among others)
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Doom 3 BFG, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#38shawnmckPosted 2/11/2013 3:49:14 PM
FiendingHard posted...

Not only is Vanquish one of the best TPS ever created, its also one of the best games ever created and an absolute joy to play. A lot of games have borrowed game mechanics from this revolutionary game, including Binary Domain (RE6 and Sleeping Dogs among others)

^ I like Vanquish too, but to claim that other games copy it is a joke.
If anything, Vanquish copies games like Gears of War...same as Binary Domain, & etc.
Other than the sliding mechanic, what is new & innovative of Vanquish that other companies copy ?
Anything you can mention has been done in countless TPS games before it....so if anything, its Vanquish that is copying other games.

But I agree that it's a very good game.
I just wish it was longer and had more replay value.
#39true_gamer80Posted 2/11/2013 4:00:54 PM(edited)
ISquat600lbs posted...
OrangeSchweese posted...

actually its ppl with so much hatred they act like th ebiggest dramaqueens and actually try to sit here and say things that arent simply true....to the point anyone can pop the game in this second and see how full of it you are lol....ppl like oyu should be banned, your the exact kind of person that has dragged this place down to the point GF has become the butt of all jks across gaming forums around the net.

One simply has to play the game to see how much of a dramaqueen your being lol...

also...new user....same old nonsense...hmmm who could this be lol, too many ppl putting you on block...haha classic.....beyond pathetic lol
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#40ElBorak77Posted 2/11/2013 4:10:58 PM
dead island if you like glitches.
---
PSN El_Borak_77