This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Aliens Colonial Marines - Reviews finally leaked, it's total crap

#31Shadow CloudPosted 2/11/2013 10:25:42 AM
PangLa posted...
Sega games seems always get average/awful score, but end up being great. (Yakuza, Binary Domain).

Those were well received among critics.
#32RayconPosted 2/11/2013 10:28:40 AM
Rafedx posted...

@Raycon - Good to hear, this talk of a 5 hour campaign, horrible boss fights, bad AI, lack of replay value in the SP, and apparently its easy even on the harder settings has me worried. I really don't want to be swayed against this game, but damn. I wish GT would get their video review up, or I would hope Angry Joe would have gotten the game early as I really want to hear his opinion on it. I cannot lie, I am a bit worried.

Hrm, I heard differently on that one. At least on the "badass" difficulty, there was talk of dying in as little as three swipes. Of course that got me pumped, but maybe I'm one of the few that enjoyed Alien Resurrection's absurd difficulty curve.

>_>
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#33este914Posted 2/11/2013 10:29:26 AM
I was kind of expecting low scores tbh.... but that wont stop me from playing myself. oh well whatever
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#34gilv3rPosted 2/11/2013 10:29:58 AM
Lol at people so emotionally driven to hate games. No offense but you seem very immature when you pour your heart and soul into hating somethig so insignificant... A video game. Good luck lads.
---
Awaiting: PoE OB, Metal Gear Rising, and Last of Us
#35FiendingHardPosted 2/11/2013 10:30:42 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
and who here actually tries to argue this place isnt overrun with sheep obsessed with reviews....seriously, who tries to deny this...front and center lol

uh its a fact that review scores influence opinions. Its not exclusive to GameFAQs, its true pretty much everywhere you go for pretty much whatever industry or product you look at. Good job coming off as a pretentious tool though.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Doom 3 BFG, Torchlight 2, Final Fantasy 9.
#36RafedxPosted 2/11/2013 11:09:34 AM
Raycon posted...
Rafedx posted...

@Raycon - Good to hear, this talk of a 5 hour campaign, horrible boss fights, bad AI, lack of replay value in the SP, and apparently its easy even on the harder settings has me worried. I really don't want to be swayed against this game, but damn. I wish GT would get their video review up, or I would hope Angry Joe would have gotten the game early as I really want to hear his opinion on it. I cannot lie, I am a bit worried.

Hrm, I heard differently on that one. At least on the "badass" difficulty, there was talk of dying in as little as three swipes. Of course that got me pumped, but maybe I'm one of the few that enjoyed Alien Resurrection's absurd difficulty curve.

>_>

I really hope you are right, everything I have seen has been hearsay so people could be over exaggerating the problems. This negativity is starting to get to me, I never did place a preorder as I was just planning to pick it up at the end of the day. At least I will be able to read reviews and weigh the pros and cons.

My hopes are that people will say if you are a fan of the franchise then you will love the game. That 5 hour rumor is the one getting to me the most.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#37RayconPosted 2/11/2013 11:15:30 AM
Rafedx posted...
Raycon posted...
Rafedx posted...

>_>

I really hope you are right, everything I have seen has been hearsay so people could be over exaggerating the problems. This negativity is starting to get to me, I never did place a preorder as I was just planning to pick it up at the end of the day. At least I will be able to read reviews and weigh the pros and cons.

My hopes are that people will say if you are a fan of the franchise then you will love the game. That 5 hour rumor is the one getting to me the most.

The five and a half hour rumor, I fear, may be true. Some guy said 11 missions missions that average about a half hour apiece. But that's the line I hear pretty often, that if you're a fan, you'll love it. I'll probably pick it up tomorrow myself.
---
"Clue in, girl! Get in that trap room and grab that battery while I, a bad-ass convict, play this beautiful piano melody."-MorphineChild on REŘ
#38XplodnPnguins92Posted 2/11/2013 11:21:01 AM
gearbox game; no surprise there.
---
http://www.sdtekken.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/TTT2.png
#39crazyman32Posted 2/11/2013 11:22:11 AM
I don't care about bad reviews for the game I am still picking up my pre order Tuesday and playing it.I am not going to change my mind based on negative posts about the game on here.I wouldn't have bought several different games if I let negative posts on a game here stop me from getting it.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#40Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 2/11/2013 11:34:49 AM(edited)
At least on the "badass" difficulty, there was talk of dying in as little as three swipes.

Big deal. Most 5 hour campaigns become 20 hour campaigns if you jack up the difficulty level to its cheap, unbalanced and frustrating extreme.

Friend of mine finished this for review purposes on Sunday. He said it took him around nine hours on normal difficulty. He didn't hate it, but he thought it was rather dull all the way through. Rather lousy from a technical perspective as well, with boatloads of screen tearing. (on both the PS3 and the 360, but even more so on the 360)
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis