This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Huge Dead Space fan. Just played demo for DS3. LOOOOLOOL!!!!!

#1PolishCockatielPosted 2/11/2013 8:36:12 AM
Okay, all that good stuff like its a build of the game not released yet and just a small segment of the complete package of it aside..... who the hell is the targeted audience of Dead Space 3?

I have a strong feeling Visceral and their EA overlords aren't trying to appeal to the survival horror fans or even fans of just the first two games in general. People love Dead Space for the thrill of looking around each dark, poorly light corridor in utter pants s$&$$^%&%* fear of what's around it. Not for the aspect of pimping out custom weapons and wading around in wide open waist deep sunlit landscapes. I'm not even sure if the necromorphs designs even make sense anymore. We were fighting a giant spider, right? Where did it come from? How is there a giant necro spider? How is there a skyscrapper sized necro monster? What did that come from? This game doesn't make sense anymore!!!

Aside from that I'm seeing a lot of review titles just stating "More action less scares"

Sigh. Looks like Dead Space Franchise has been lost to the mega publisher notion of mass market appeal.
#2work_a_holicPosted 2/11/2013 8:39:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3mogar002Posted 2/11/2013 8:40:41 AM
Call of Duty....in Space!
*Plays Power Rangers in Space theme*
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#4docholliday504Posted 2/11/2013 8:42:13 AM
I'm reserving Judgement. I also had issues with the demo but I haven't played the full game.

The original Dead Space demo is widely known as one of the worst demos of all time. It kept me from playing the game for nearly a year after its release. When I finally caved to the massive amount of love directed at the game I found one of my favorite games of the generation.

Since then I've been very hesitant to develop opinions of games based on Demos. They can give you a good idea as to what a game feels like, but sometimes they can be hacked together garbage mandated by a publisher and not a great representation of what the finished product will be (And most demo's tell you that before you play them).
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Halo 4, Persona 3
#5LennyGcPosted 2/11/2013 8:43:52 AM
Dammit, the more I read about DS3, the more it seems I'll just skip it. I love the first two games but it seems this game is just COD all over again.
---
.:PSN: LennyGC:. // Platinum trophies: 23
Games I'm playing: Dragon's Dogma.
#6PolishCockatiel(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 8:44:45 AM
docholliday504 posted...
I'm reserving Judgement. I also had issues with the demo but I haven't played the full game.

The original Dead Space demo is widely known as one of the worst demos of all time. It kept me from playing the game for nearly a year after its release. When I finally caved to the massive amount of love directed at the game I found one of my favorite games of the generation.

Since then I've been very hesitant to develop opinions of games based on Demos. They can give you a good idea as to what a game feels like, but sometimes they can be hacked together garbage mandated by a publisher and not a great representation of what the finished product will be (And most demo's tell you that before you play them).

I'm just hoping the brightly lit snow wading is less than 10% of the game. I've heard a lot of crap about this scavenging and weapon smithing malarkey though -_-
#7RemakeMePosted 2/11/2013 8:46:30 AM
Did you just say where did a giant spider or necro monster come from? They are on an alien planet, are we not to expect alien creatures or is alien life automatically immune to the effects of necromorphing or something? This aspect doesnt make sense to you really?

Also the game plays like DS1 an 2 but with more enemies types... The crafting is a pretty fun aspect to this game. And COOP is not forced on you like some games *cough RE5/6* and the game is surprisingly holding up quite well..
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#8killakPosted 2/11/2013 8:48:26 AM
The formula has to change, otherwise it gets old.
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, the exclamation.........
#9RemakeMePosted 2/11/2013 8:49:40 AM
Crap about scavenging? What? This seems to be one of the highlighted features people enjoy.

And yes, the first 7 chapters are in space, the rest is on the alient ice planet...and you still spend a large portion inside the buildings which is basically outposts and the icey blizzard gives it a The Thing vibe.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#10secondhand1Posted 2/11/2013 8:53:28 AM
PolishCockatiel posted...
who the hell is the targeted audience of Dead Space 3?

Fans of Dead Space and video games. Didn't think it was rocket science there, guy.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.