This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metal Gear Rising to be only 5~6 hours long? (Total Result screen pic)

#91NuuTypePosted 2/12/2013 7:10:51 AM
ITT: Americans are whiny and gluttonous,
---
Probability of mission hiderance..zero percent
#92VigilantStevePosted 2/12/2013 7:17:25 AM
NuuType posted...
ITT: Gamers are whiny and gluttonous,

Fixed
#93deprofundis442Posted 2/12/2013 7:34:43 AM
Face_McShooty posted...
A 6 hour game with an additional, unfactored-in 3 hours of cutscenes if I would guess

More I would bet. Kojima compared the cutscene time to MGS4.
#94majin nemesisPosted 2/12/2013 7:35:07 AM
i don't know what is the problem isn't about 6 hours the standard time for an action game? this in not an RPG
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#95Anodyne11Posted 2/12/2013 7:57:00 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
Also, to be fair, the Metal Gear games are always short.

This. Even without trying to do best time I can easily finish MGS2 in under 3 hours.
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#96ChaoticKnucklesPosted 2/13/2013 10:56:20 AM(edited)
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
STN79 posted...
What about all those God of war games? They are usually 5-8 hours long and nobody complains.
Length is for RPG's. Action games don't need to be 40 hours.

lolwut?
God of War: Chains of Olympus is the shortest one and it takes way over 8 hours on normal, not to mention the other difficulties and that is a handheld game. Don't make up excuses for Platinum Games, Bayonetta was also freaking short.
killak posted...
replace MGR with DmC, and switch the role occupied by Velvet, and you've got what I call......a hypocrite.

Exactly.

My first playthrough of God of War Chains of Olympus took me a little under 8 hours and I played on Hard. A normal playthrough would have taken me much less time than that, probably around 6 hours max. Unless you're completely unfamiliar with the type of game it is, way over 8 hours seems like an exaggeration to me for pretty much every God of War game except possibly 2. Chains of Olympus is probably the shortest of all of them, if it took over 8 hours you either took your time or died quite a bit I'd say.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#97GradyHooverPosted 2/13/2013 10:56:36 AM
AzureVergil posted...
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6544/20130210203758.jpg

Found this in the MGR board, apparently that's the Total Result screen when you finish the game (I doubt one Act last 5 hours & 30 minutes...) and he died 59 times.

Please god let that be the true length of the game. I LOVE short games - perfect for replayability.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#98spike17spiegelPosted 2/13/2013 10:58:54 AM
If the game is short without any collectables or replay value other than just harder mode, then I'd be upset.
---
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."
#99GradyHooverPosted 2/13/2013 11:00:09 AM
Anodyne11 posted...
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
Also, to be fair, the Metal Gear games are always short.

This. Even without trying to do best time I can easily finish MGS2 in under 3 hours.

Only if you skip cutscenes. ;)
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#100TheNewWavePosted 2/13/2013 11:54:43 AM
The devs already responded to this claiming that the finish screen only counts the fastest attempt for each stage, nor does that time include cinematics, in game cut scenes, etc.

To be honest, only counting the fastest time and ignoring cinematics for most 3rd persons will end up the same way.