This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So...everyone game company is no longer doing manuals now it seems...

#1TaKun782Posted 2/11/2013 11:39:56 AM
Over the past year til now with each game i bought i noticed that more and more game manuals are disappearing altogether now. And i was just wandering if anyone came across a game manual that actually has more than just a warranty paper sleeve? I cant remember the last time i seen one. Hell even the new Sly cooper game had nothing at all in it! lol

I miss the days when they were pretty thick and had all the bios you needed to understand the characters back stories more.... : /
---
I will never change this sig until IOI releases Freedom Fighters 2!
-First started 9-20-2009
#2Godly_GoofPosted 2/11/2013 11:41:47 AM
Ni no Kuni and FE:A both had them.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#3PopSmorePosted 2/11/2013 11:42:35 AM
mg rising will have a thick one with color
#4TaKun782(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 11:43:04 AM
PopSmore posted...
mg rising will have a thick one with color

Ah really? :D

How you know?
---
I will never change this sig until IOI releases Freedom Fighters 2!
-First started 9-20-2009
#5magemaximusPosted 2/11/2013 11:43:36 AM
hate to break it to you bruh, but manuals are a thing of the past.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
#6NotCeoPosted 2/11/2013 11:43:58 AM
I don't remember the last time I looked at a manual for a game. Maybe some time in the PS1 era.
#7vashtrichamPosted 2/11/2013 11:46:45 AM
I stopped reading manuals once I was out of middle school. I use to only read them in class because I was so excited to go home and play. Once I was in high school I could just skip and get on Gfaqs in the library.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#8Ninkyo893Posted 2/11/2013 3:17:44 PM
I still appreciate game manuals. To me, it's part of the fun of owning a new game. Especially with the prices we pay these days.
Dishonored is a recent game that had a well designed, full color manual. I was very surprised.
---
"Once upon a time in the West, there were men like this. They were not noble; they were not heroic. They simply were."
PSN: Ninkyodo893
#9AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/11/2013 3:21:15 PM
magemaximus posted...
hate to break it to you bruh, but manuals are a thing of the past.

Not really, I don't use them that much, but they will still exist next gen, believe me. Not in every game but some will still have them.
#10true_gamer80Posted 2/11/2013 3:25:58 PM
Ive always loved manuals and always had a bathroom ritual reading them before playing the game lol.

But really theres no pont in them anymore, not only can everything be taught or shown in game nowadays but alot also have online manuals, most of them infact. If anyone wants to hate omething for this, hate on technology, placing oyur hate on the devs/companies is rather silly to me, not to mention self absorbed

I'll miss the days of my "rituals", but Im not going to kick and scream cause devs want to save some money on something essentially not needed.
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08