This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Digital or Physical: How do you prefer your Video Games?

#41zone_cmdrPosted 2/11/2013 6:53:19 PM(edited)
HwoarangExpert1 posted...
cheap, with as much content as possible

Exactly how I like my women.
---
PSN: GTfig
Battlefield 3 | SSX | NFS: Most Wanted
#42king_maddenPosted 2/11/2013 8:31:47 PM
hyperskate65 posted...
Used to love the physical discs. Then I tried downloading a game in the store, and got hooked. It's just a lot easier, and I don't focus on just one game at a time, so it makes things more convenient.

If I'm going to save a bundle, I'll buy discs, but all things being equal, I'll just download it.

I don't buy the whole "what happens when they decide not to let you play it?" argument, because as far as I can tell the same thing could happen with discs.

I'm not for one side or the other, but how can they decide to not let you play a game that you have a physical copy of on a physical system?

The chances of them coming and taking your game and system is extremely less likely than them closing down servers and discontinuing support online.

Unless you're suggesting they release a patch purposely to make games unplayable. Then you could just avoid the patch though. And either way it is still much less likely to happen than them just moving on in some number of years.

even if they close down servers, if you have the game downloaded, it will still work. even when psn went down, I could still play my digital games. The only thing that would stop is online play, but that also fits physical disks, if they shut down online you cant play that either.
#43Questioner7311Posted 2/11/2013 8:40:46 PM
Long story short... I lost everything that was digitally downloaded...
Physical all the way...
---
PSN: FeatherFang
Old memories seldom fade and bad habits die hard
#44ZurrurPosted 2/11/2013 8:56:58 PM
Physical and digital, it sucks that i can't have both
#45hyperskate65Posted 2/11/2013 9:18:15 PM
hyperskate65 posted...
Used to love the physical discs. Then I tried downloading a game in the store, and got hooked. It's just a lot easier, and I don't focus on just one game at a time, so it makes things more convenient.

If I'm going to save a bundle, I'll buy discs, but all things being equal, I'll just download it.

I don't buy the whole "what happens when they decide not to let you play it?" argument, because as far as I can tell the same thing could happen with discs.

I'm not for one side or the other, but how can they decide to not let you play a game that you have a physical copy of on a physical system?

The chances of them coming and taking your game and system is extremely less likely than them closing down servers and discontinuing support online.

Unless you're suggesting they release a patch purposely to make games unplayable. Then you could just avoid the patch though. And either way it is still much less likely to happen than them just moving on in some number of years.

even if they close down servers, if you have the game downloaded, it will still work. even when psn went down, I could still play my digital games. The only thing that would stop is online play, but that also fits physical disks, if they shut down online you cant play that either.

Well some games are online only. That's just what I assumed those people were always talking about.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#46king_maddenPosted 2/11/2013 10:17:32 PM
ah ok got ya, I just figured they meant any digital games in general, but I see what you're saying. Even still whether its physical or digital, if they shut down servers, that online only game cant be played anymore.
#47RoachmeatPosted 2/11/2013 10:33:26 PM
It usually doesn't matter, but you asked which I prefer, and right now that's digital.

Like I've posted in the past, the folks that dislike digital are probably the same ones who shelve their **** games so that they're harder to find in physical form today.

---
"Forget the list. She goes to the block.."
"..By orders captain.." --Hadvar to Legate Rikke, Skyrim
#48shift411Posted 2/11/2013 10:39:13 PM
Iamthekuzalol posted...
Physical of course.

---
Kapuya
#49PhoenixPrincePosted 2/11/2013 10:42:22 PM
king_madden posted...
hyperskate65 posted...

While that's true, what if you wanted to play your games fifteen years from now, but your HDD has corrupted? Oh yeah, you own it on the server, but if the server isn't around to get it back from, you're SOL. Whereas if you have the disc, you're set.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
#5095_EclipsePosted 2/11/2013 10:45:21 PM
Well, seems like gamers have spoken, finally something Ps3 and Xbox players agree on o.o

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/65416810
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\