This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy IX Vs. Legend of Dragoon

#71theofficefan99Posted 2/13/2013 6:30:50 PM
Alltra posted...
I honestly wouldn't be surprised Office, this IS the same board that voted FFXIII better than Chrono Trigger after all.

What? 0_o

I mean... I don't hate FFXIII (if we're only talking about the original here).... but... really? 0_o
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#72VorzalPosted 2/13/2013 6:31:12 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
I'm not paranoid at all. I really don't care. I'm just surprised that LoD is winning. I'm convinced that people voted more than once or that there are quite a few "hipsters/rebels" around here.

And the reason why I don't really care is because Final Fantasy IX already has a much bigger fanbase, a much better Metacritic average, a much better reception overall, much better sales, and the franchise continued afterwards, whereas LoD fans are SoL.

You obviously do care, though. You keep posting condescending opinions toward anyone who might happen to like another game over your favorite. What you must realize is that we all have our opinions about what we like in games, and those opinions may differ from yours. Your opinion might not even be the popular one (judging by the results of the poll). But it doesn't mean that our opinions are "wrong" or "invalid".

You keep calling us hipsters just because Final Fantasy IX got better reviews. Do reviews really matter that much to you? Whatever happened to playing the games we love, for the sake of enjoying ourselves?

I think you're taking this too personally.
---
"Dear diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."
#73VorzalPosted 2/13/2013 6:34:35 PM
And as far as Legend of Dragoon fans being "SOL"... are you serious?

Final Fantasy IX will never have a sequel. The window for that closed long ago. On the other hand, it's quite possible that Sony could produce a Legend of Dragoon sequel anytime in the future.

If any fans are out of luck, it's people like you. The future of Final Fantasy is in games like Lightning Returns, and Versus XIII. You'll never see a game like Final Fantasy IX again.
---
"Dear diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."
#74theofficefan99Posted 2/13/2013 6:40:04 PM(edited)
Vorzal posted...
And as far as Legend of Dragoon fans being "SOL"... are you serious?

Final Fantasy IX will never have a sequel. The window for that closed long ago. On the other hand, it's quite possible that Sony could produce a Legend of Dragoon sequel anytime in the future.

If any fans are out of luck, it's people like you. The future of Final Fantasy is in games like Lightning Returns, and Versus XIII. You'll never see a game like Final Fantasy IX again.

I never said IX will have a sequel. I said that the series is continuing.

Final Fantasy IX has similar games from SE coming out such as FF: The 4 Warriors of Light and Bravely Default, and games such as FFXIV: ARR, Versus XIII and Type-0 look to be incredible. In fact, I've played the Type-0 demo, and it's the best FF in over a decade. I'm certainly happy, even though SE is continuing the garbage of XIII-2 with LR. IX's fantasy setting was continued with XI and XIV along with games like FF:4WoL and Bravely Default, and its ATB combat was continued and refined in games like XI, X-2, XII and XIII.

lol, Legend of Dragoon was released over a decade ago; do you really think that it'll get a sequel with its lukewarm reception and "meh" sales?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#75theofficefan99Posted 2/13/2013 6:38:57 PM
Vorzal posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
I'm not paranoid at all. I really don't care. I'm just surprised that LoD is winning. I'm convinced that people voted more than once or that there are quite a few "hipsters/rebels" around here.

And the reason why I don't really care is because Final Fantasy IX already has a much bigger fanbase, a much better Metacritic average, a much better reception overall, much better sales, and the franchise continued afterwards, whereas LoD fans are SoL.

You obviously do care, though. You keep posting condescending opinions toward anyone who might happen to like another game over your favorite. What you must realize is that we all have our opinions about what we like in games, and those opinions may differ from yours. Your opinion might not even be the popular one (judging by the results of the poll). But it doesn't mean that our opinions are "wrong" or "invalid".

You keep calling us hipsters just because Final Fantasy IX got better reviews. Do reviews really matter that much to you? Whatever happened to playing the games we love, for the sake of enjoying ourselves?

I think you're taking this too personally.

Better reviews, better sales, and the series continued after its release.
---
#76DakhanavarXPosted 2/13/2013 6:43:52 PM
Mark me down for Dragoon. I've played most of the Final Fantasy games and loved quite a few of them...but IX wasn't one of them. I didn't care for Zidane (Didn't hate him either...he was just there), I think I hated Qunia even more than Cait Sith, I loathed the awful trance system they had for limit breaks (Couldn't save them, even if it was activated upon killing the final enemy...I don't even remember what most look like as a result), the customization was really toned down from the last few in the series, the card game from VIII seemed to be a step down, I didn't care for the summons being split between 2 characters since I usually only had one of them in the group at any given time, etc., etc.

It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, but in terms of gameplay, depth and customization, I found it to be weaker than VI, VII, and VIII. So almost by default, I'd pick Dragoon. But on top of that, I liked Dragoon. If I didn't know any other Final Fantasy games, I might consider it over Dragoon due to polish & soundtrack, but knowing that I find it to be a weak entry in the series vs. a single entry, I kinda still give it to Dragoon.

*Shrugs*
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library