This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please help me choose which Final fantasy to get on psn.

#1LeroyliksMudkipPosted 2/12/2013 2:30:59 AM
I have some extra money on my $20 card, so I was wondering which Final fantasy should I get? I'm leaning towards VI and Tactics the most followed by VIII, IX, and origins in that order. I really enjoyed playing ten and my main hesitation with choosing is that I read the slow loading times with VI and I am unsure about the active time battle system because I like to take my time with games.
#2Son_of_ManaPosted 2/12/2013 2:34:20 AM
VII
---
J--E--T--S. JETS JETS JETS!
#3Stanger5150Posted 2/12/2013 2:40:02 AM
All of them.

But I'd start with V, VI, VII, and IX.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#4LeroyliksMudkip(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 3:10:36 AM
Why should I play V first is it just because it is the earliest sequentially, or is it that jumping from better to worse graphics might cause me to dislike the previous games?
#5Stanger5150Posted 2/12/2013 3:21:26 AM(edited)
LeroyliksMudkip posted...
Why should I play V first is it just because it is the earliest sequentially, or is it that jumping from better to worse graphics might cause me to dislike the previous games?

My favorites in order, of the ones available on PSN and playable on PS3:

1. VII
2. IX
3. V
4. VI
5. I
6. VIII
7. Tactics
8. II
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#6SxmfctPosted 2/12/2013 3:19:14 AM
Don't play V first, it's the best one and you'll miss the amount of customisation it offers in the rest of the series
---
"We play the game without having to worry about viruses, system instability, OS deterioration, Compatibility issues, or crappy controls." - 95_Eclipse
#7HellsingOrgPosted 2/12/2013 3:19:37 AM
Get VII or IX

VI has slow loading times and VIII is godawful.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#8Soggy13Posted 2/12/2013 3:29:34 AM
Man people really hate VIII don't they? I say get VIII Just because everyone played VII first they compare it to that but it's really not a bad game. I prefer the junctioning over materia. Magic is for pansies. Also while VII is great it can be a little difficult to get past the bad graphics to the amazing story.
---
PSN/LIVE: Massacredone
Me thinks words is hard...
#9jameswintertonPosted 2/12/2013 3:46:20 AM
Soggy13 posted...
Man people really hate VIII don't they? I say get VIII Just because everyone played VII first they compare it to that but it's really not a bad game. I prefer the junctioning over materia. Magic is for pansies. Also while VII is great it can be a little difficult to get past the bad graphics to the amazing story.

8 is my favourite by miles, but it isn't accessible like 7 is. i suggest 7 or 9 first, but definitely play 8!
---
psn: jrwinterton
#10Guerrilla SoldierPosted 2/12/2013 3:48:44 AM
---
CainExodus - Oakland A's fan: 2012 AL West Champions
Keep the A's in Oakland!