This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please help me choose which Final fantasy to get on psn.

#11HellsingOrgPosted 2/12/2013 2:58:26 AM
Soggy13 posted...
Man people really hate VIII don't they? I say get VIII Just because everyone played VII first they compare it to that but it's really not a bad game. I prefer the junctioning over materia. Magic is for pansies. Also while VII is great it can be a little difficult to get past the bad graphics to the amazing story.

2, 8 and 12 are the Black Sheep of the Final Fantasy family because they changed LOTS of stuff and usually for the worst and are hated by many fans.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#12badboyPosted 2/12/2013 3:04:23 AM
Go with 8 (my fav FF).
#13Soggy13Posted 2/12/2013 3:13:44 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Soggy13 posted...
Man people really hate VIII don't they? I say get VIII Just because everyone played VII first they compare it to that but it's really not a bad game. I prefer the junctioning over materia. Magic is for pansies. Also while VII is great it can be a little difficult to get past the bad graphics to the amazing story.

2, 8 and 12 are the Black Sheep of the Final Fantasy family because they changed LOTS of stuff and usually for the worst and are hated by many fans.

Final Fantasy is always changing from game to game and from what noticed fans to love one hate the next one and forgive them for the next. Personally I prefer 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 over 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, and 13. while 7 is great and 3 and 13 are okay the rest meh. I've never played 9.
---
PSN/LIVE: Massacredone
Me thinks words is hard...
#14Juvart24Posted 2/12/2013 3:19:01 AM
jameswinterton posted...
Soggy13 posted...

8 is my favourite by miles, but it isn't accessible like 7 is. i suggest 7 or 9 first, but definitely play 8!

I don't hate it but its close to the bottom on my list of ff games only above 2, 12, and 13.

my list
T
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
GT: Juvart24
#15AstroshakPosted 2/12/2013 4:40:23 AM
FF2 and FF8 sucked, in my opinion.

The rest are decent to good. You can nit-pick all you want (even say I'm nit-picking about 2 and 8 if you want) but I'd say just plan on getting them all.

Load times on the PS1 FF's really aren't all that bad - they just seem that way to those of us who have played cartridge versions of those games (which have effectively no load times at all). The game with the worst load times compared to the cart version was Crono Trigger, but even then, if you don't know how good the cart version was, you won't know you're playing an inferior version (inferior only due to the load times, otherwise identical) on the Playstation. The FF's are not nearly as bad as CT, so I'd say just go ahead and get whatever you can afford now, and get the rest later.
#16VorzalPosted 2/12/2013 4:51:49 AM
It's a bit subjective! Here's my list:
IV Complete
VI
VII
VIII
IX
these can all be played on the vita coincidentally. Good luck and have fun!
---
"Dear diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."
#17AstroshakPosted 2/12/2013 5:21:51 AM
Vorzal posted...
It's a bit subjective!

That is the reason I say to just get them all and play them all, as funds allow.
#18JerokTerojokkePosted 2/12/2013 5:31:42 AM
Get VII first by a mile. It's a classic that will stand the tests of time, there's boatloads of mini-games to do and the most memorable characters around.

I don't know how some people don't like it. And it has the best music in the series.