This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls or Demon Souls?

#1HaloODSTDPosted 2/12/2013 8:03:09 AM
Please help me choose. - Results (35 votes)
Dark Souls
48.57% (17 votes)
Demon Souls
51.43% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I keep seeing these games on top of everyone's lists so I'm definitely interested. I haven't played these sorts of swords and magic rpg games like Diablo, but the game looks interesting. So I have a few questions:

- which game allows dropin multiplayer? can a stranger dropin at any time? you do the same?

- is it always you vs everyone or will a npc come to help fight alongside you from time to time?

- which has the best story?

- which is more difficult? are there difficulty settings? (easy, normal, hard)

- Is it like playing the Halo games on legendary?
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#2pumpkinpizzaPosted 2/12/2013 8:05:20 AM
I really, really doubt you'll like the games. They're not for everyone.
#3HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:07:07 AM
pumpkinpizza posted...

lol well I thought I'd give one a shot seeing they're inexpensive now. what kinda of gamers would enjoy these games?
---
#4JohnHitman47Posted 2/12/2013 8:11:22 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
pumpkinpizza posted...

lol well I thought I'd give one a shot seeing they're inexpensive now. what kinda of gamers would enjoy these games?

People that like a challenge.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#5este914Posted 2/12/2013 8:11:24 AM
Neither. Play something else.
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#6HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:13:24 AM
JohnHitman47 posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
pumpkinpizza posted...

I like playing FPS and Sports games on their hardest difficulty....fighting games normal. How much of a challenge is this game? Like 1 hit death?
---
#7Juvart24Posted 2/12/2013 8:17:15 AM
Neither.
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
GT: Juvart24
#8JohnHitman47Posted 2/12/2013 8:21:28 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
pumpkinpizza posted...

I like playing FPS and Sports games on their hardest difficulty....fighting games normal. How much of a challenge is this game? Like 1 hit death?

Well this game its not like fighters or shooters that you can go well on hardest difficulty, in this game if you try it you will die and you will die a lot but you have to think its not like get to the monster press square until he dies, you have to hit it and evade in both games you need to have patience or you will keep dying.
---
Love good shooters and horror.
#9GodzFollowerPosted 2/12/2013 8:29:34 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
I keep seeing these games on top of everyone's lists so I'm definitely interested. I haven't played these sorts of swords and magic rpg games like Diablo, but the game looks interesting. So I have a few questions:

- which game allows dropin multiplayer? can a stranger dropin at any time? you do the same?

- is it always you vs everyone or will a npc come to help fight alongside you from time to time?

- which has the best story?

- which is more difficult? are there difficulty settings? (easy, normal, hard)

- Is it like playing the Halo games on legendary?

You don't have to play online in either, they have an option to play where you can not be invaded at all, nor do you have to invade at all.

There are select NPC's in both games that help you under certain conditions, though in Dark Souls its got a method to play coop, particularly against bosses.

Neither have much of a story, the lore of both is great, but the story itself isn't necessarily big, its mostly fluff with a small cast of interesting NPC's. Most of whom(in demons souls at least) you probably won't even meet on your first playthrough without a guide.

No difficulty settings, both are kinda hard on your first run. The difficulty is overrated imo, patience and research on how to drop stats for what purposes(wasted stats get you merc'd) and your good after some trail and error. You'll die a lot no doubt, but its fun once you get the hang of it.

Can't say, havn't experienced it.
---
Gfaqs is the home of the echo posters
#10nihilist212Posted 2/12/2013 8:32:09 AM
I would borrow it first if possible, and then buy if you like it.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero