This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kinect is mandatory for next Xbox, what do PS3 fans think about this?

#11hockeybub89Posted 2/12/2013 10:07:43 AM
Lol M$ just keeps on ruining the gaming industry.

They need to try harder. I'm still liking games more than ever before. They'll need to step up their game to ruin the hobby for me.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#12ComfortablySadPosted 2/12/2013 10:13:12 AM
Since this is a -Damien- topic I'm sure it was meant to be as anti-Microsoft as possible. Should have read the article OP. You could have lead with this;

"This requirement is due to the way Kinect has been integrated with the Durango; because every console can be guaranteed of having the camera, developers can now program every game with the peripheral in mind.

It's also because the Kinect will always be watching you. The new version of the camera is able to track up to six individual "skeletons" in the same room at all times. This has clear gameplay implications, such as allowing a game to instantly identify a person, but could also be related to a recently-patented Microsoft system for monitoring and maybe even charging users based on who is watching what. SuperDae's Kinect documentation also makes mention of automatic player identification becoming part of a gameplay experience."

That makes Microsoft look much worse than the possibility of mandatory Kinect controls.
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#13You_Need_A_LifePosted 2/12/2013 10:15:17 AM
I think that if Microsoft utilizes the new technology to advance the gameplay of its games, it's gonna be a better system than Sony's if they just stick with run of the mill controllers. PS3 is just PS2 with better graphics, which is what PS2 was to PS1. There's been no real gameplay advancements in the last two gens aside from motion controls (Wii was fun, face it) and they really didn't do much with it outside of Wii. PS3 had a bunch of lame FPS games and one or two interesting indy games that nobody bought.

Personally, I'd like to really see PS Move get more attention, and really be used to its full potential. Motion controls only have a bad rep because of crummy games that didn't utilize it well. Done right, they're very fun, and I'd rather play a game with good motion controls than a game with just a controller.
#14TheBuddsPosted 2/12/2013 10:17:26 AM
ComfortablySad posted...
Since this is a -Damien- topic I'm sure it was meant to be as anti-Microsoft as possible. Should have read the article OP. You could have lead with this;

"This requirement is due to the way Kinect has been integrated with the Durango; because every console can be guaranteed of having the camera, developers can now program every game with the peripheral in mind.

It's also because the Kinect will always be watching you. The new version of the camera is able to track up to six individual "skeletons" in the same room at all times. This has clear gameplay implications, such as allowing a game to instantly identify a person, but could also be related to a recently-patented Microsoft system for monitoring and maybe even charging users based on who is watching what. SuperDae's Kinect documentation also makes mention of automatic player identification becoming part of a gameplay experience."

That makes Microsoft look much worse than the possibility of mandatory Kinect controls.

I think it's just as dumb as both sides trying to push on about hiw each other's consoles won't play used games.
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming. "
#15este914Posted 2/12/2013 10:20:04 AM
I dont care tbh
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#16Godly_GoofPosted 2/12/2013 10:22:43 AM
The current Kinect can already do everything but play games well. Why don't they just market it that way :/
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#17Mr_HakubiPosted 2/12/2013 10:29:45 AM
Needs more games.
---
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy301/MrHakubi/S3/45856a6f.png
#18FearPotionPosted 2/12/2013 10:31:34 AM
LOL!

Kinect is mandatory.

Must be online is mandatory.

No used games is mandatory.

MS really wants to fail next gen. On top of that, they don't even have a hardware as powerful as the Orbis.