This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Obsidian would ''love to do Fallout: New Vegas 2''

#1kupo1705Posted 2/12/2013 11:03:14 AM
http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/12/obsidian-would-love-to-do-fallout-new-vegas-2-dev-talks-dream-pitch/

Fallout: New Vegas developer Obsidian Entertainment would love to do a follow-up to its 2010 RPG. Studio CEO Feargus Urquhart has discussed what his dream pitch for Fallout: New Vegas 2 would be like in a new interview.

Speaking with RPS, Urquhart spooled off his vision for New Vegas 2, based on his previous work on the series at Black Isla Studios, “If I think of going from Fallout 1 to Fallout 2, we tried to associate the two areas somewhat closely.

“It wasn’t just ‘Oh, we’re gonna do this 2,000 miles from here.’ So I think if we were to do Fallout: New Vegas 2 – or just a new Fallout – we would probably separate it from what the internal team at Bethesda’s doing. We’d keep it on the West Coast, because we’re West Coast people. They’re East Coast, so it makes sense.

“And we need an interesting confined area. So I mean, it could be LA. Fallout LA. That could be interesting. It’d probably be The Boneyard, which is from Fallout 1. It could be very different. It could be almost a Walking Dead meets Fallout-like thing because of all the radiation.”

We’re not sure what lies next for the Fallout franchise, but Bethesda’s recent hiring of next-gen devs has sparked a fresh bout of Fallout 4 speculation. What do you think?

While New Vegas was a great setting, I don't think it would be fun to visit it a second time.
I'd much rather have Obsidian on Fallout 4 considering how much better New Vegas was than Fallout 3.
#2mogar002Posted 2/12/2013 11:03:45 AM
Lol Obsidian
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3XNo_FearXPosted 2/12/2013 11:03:57 AM
star wars first
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
Playing: Dead Space 3, Mass Effect 3 and Team Fortress 2
#4OnDiscDLCPosted 2/12/2013 11:04:49 AM
Maybe if they hire a Q&A testing team, then sure.
#5IcrushlilpeoplePosted 2/12/2013 11:04:54 AM
lol no
#6este914Posted 2/12/2013 11:06:28 AM
Move away from New Vegas... pick a different theme please
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#7kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 11:09:35 AM
OnDiscDLC posted...
Maybe if they hire a Q&A testing team, then sure.

Maybe if they had a decent engine to work with.
But judging by Skyrim that won't be the case.
#8Soggy13Posted 2/12/2013 11:14:06 AM
I agree I wouldn't really want to go back to Vegas considering no one cleans anything ever in the Fallout universe. It's like "Really there's still random trash and debris lying every room of your house? Do you have some sort of strange nostalgic view of the nuclear ****storm buddy?" That being said If they changed Vegas I would hate it because it wouldn't be realistic and if they didn't it would be too much of same and would hate it. It would be a lose lose. I Just can't wait to see what can be done with Fallout 4 with the skyrim engine.
---
PSN/LIVE: Massacredone
Me thinks words is hard...
#9SpurnerPosted 2/12/2013 11:32:17 AM
I'd rather have that Star Wars game they pitched. Also, I'd like it to be KotOR 3. I know that's not what they pitched, but I tell myself whatever I have to in order to keep the faith.
#10NeoTStylePosted 2/12/2013 12:01:15 PM
It'd be great if they could manage to make the gameplay in modern Fallout fun for once.