This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a few questions about accounts, downloaded games, and such.

#1Spiffy247Posted 2/12/2013 12:18:54 PM
I, after a long time, Would really like to buy a PS3. I live with my parents and siblings. I want to know if I can have more than one PSN account, if so, how can I switch, and if so, can I play the downloaded games on each account. I want to know these questions because I'd like to share the system.

Thanks to anyone reading this, and even more if you can help.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#2BLAZE_92XPosted 2/12/2013 12:21:13 PM
Making multiple accounts on your PlayStation and using that is quite easy. There's an option all the way to the left on your PS3's main menu that easily switches between accounts. To my knowledge, you can only use content downloaded to a specific accounts. So say if you downloaded a game on one of your accounts and then wanted to play that said game on another account I doubt you would be able to.
---
http://i.imgur.com/njbwxoN.jpg
#3PHEEliNUXPosted 2/12/2013 12:21:29 PM
You can have multiple PSN accounts on 1 console, However an account downloaded games can only be on 2 consoles and 2 portables at the same time, Downloaded games will have no problem playing on another account unless it have an online pass
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#4Spiffy247(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 12:30:18 PM
Thank you. I have a PSP and a Vita both tied to my account, and I'm glad you guys could help me.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#5LeadPipeCinchePosted 2/12/2013 12:39:26 PM
actually even the games with the online pass you can still play them online under the 2nd or 3rd (any) account on the system.

if you get ps+ the games you download work the same way.
---
My little men: Hayden Alexander Steele (born: 8/9/2006 at 8:38AM) & Conner Leigh Steele (born: 10/7/2008 at 9:16pm).