This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need some gamer advice (regarding AC3, RDR, MGS 2&3)

#1Seri-_-ouslyPosted 2/12/2013 2:39:21 PM
I have about 16 days to beat AC3, start RDR, and start MGS 2 & 3. AC3 is HUGE, far more expansive than I anticipated. I'm leaving for the Marines soon, and so yeah...I need to get some games beat before I go. I'll pick my PS3 back up sometime, but for now I would just like to get a few out of the way.

Now, does anyone know the average length of time it takes to beat RDR (story missions ONLY, unfortunately), and MGS 2 & 3? I'll be beating AC3 hands down, but I MIGHT skip out on RDR to catch up with the MGS games, considering there are two games coming out in the next 2 years that involve the Solid franchise.

Any help would be appreciated,
#2Seri-_-ously(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 2:53:15 PM
I had to bump this since it already was ignored and sent to page 2. Purgatory.
#3AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/12/2013 2:58:19 PM
Play 4-5 hours a day, you will beat all of them except RDR in two weeks. Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games this gen and shouldn't be rushed or you won't enjoy it, I say leave it till you come back to play (and enjoy) it the way it should be done.
#4Seri-_-ously(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 3:01:49 PM
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
Play 4-5 hours a day, you will beat all of them except RDR in two weeks. Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games this gen and shouldn't be rushed or you won't enjoy it, I say leave it till you come back to play (and enjoy) it the way it should be done.

Yeah, I was just reading that the average time it takes to beat MGS2 is 13 hours, and MGS3 15 hours. So I can beat them both in a 4 day period. AC3 has a s*!t ton to do, and even though I'd like to play it 100%, I probably won't. RDR I might just play A LOT with the estimated 10 days I'll have left when AC3, MGS2 & 3 are done. 8 hours a day for ten days should enable me to beat the game, hopefully.
#5Vorador84Posted 2/12/2013 3:02:36 PM
Haven't played RDR since release and only finished once but if I took a guess I'd say the main story would be 12-15 hours give or take if you rush it.

I did however just beat MGS2 and with taking my time and going for a no alert run I finished in just under 10 hours.

Since I'm currently working my way through MSG3 (and since it's been about 4 years since I last finished it) I can only estimate a run through to be 12 or so hours, maybe less if you don't watch all the cutscenes or care about alerts.

You could easily get through those 3 if you focus on just beating the stories.
#6LuigiohPosted 2/12/2013 7:15:55 PM
I wouldn't even bother with ac3. It left me feeling very unfulfilled to be honest. RDR is amazing, as is metal gear solid 3. Both of those will take you the same amount of time, around 20 hours. Both are amazing games. RDR is my most favorite game of all time ever, but MGS3 has amazing cutscenes and gameplay and depth of story and characters.

It makes me happy that you have great taste in games too. AC3 was good but like I said it left me feeling very unfulfilled.
---
26mg and declining keep it up man you can do this you want this
#7Seri-_-ously(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:46:57 PM
Luigioh posted...
I wouldn't even bother with ac3. It left me feeling very unfulfilled to be honest. RDR is amazing, as is metal gear solid 3. Both of those will take you the same amount of time, around 20 hours. Both are amazing games. RDR is my most favorite game of all time ever, but MGS3 has amazing cutscenes and gameplay and depth of story and characters.

It makes me happy that you have great taste in games too. AC3 was good but like I said it left me feeling very unfulfilled.

Yeah, no COD on my shelf. Ratchet and Clank, the AC series (AC2 was a rich narrative that I will never forget. Ubisoft just didn't hit the mark with me with Connor, or the way the game began. It was rather dull.), Battlefield 3, MGS, Jak and Daxter, BioShock games, I must say that I do enjoy sandboxes very much so. Oblivion and Skyrim, RDR (the farthest I've gotten in that game was Mexico, which was 2 years ago. I'm starting from scratch this time.) and many, many others.

Oh, and about not bothering with AC3...you know I can't do that. ;) And yes, I also got the feeling that AC3 was...over-ambitious, because it was. There were too many things in the game, and some of the best elements lost focus because of that. I did however enjoy the first Naval battle tutorial.
#8wstfldPosted 2/12/2013 8:47:52 PM
You're going to spend your final days gaming? Go get drunk.
---
Last Played: DmC (8.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD, StarCraft 2
#901Philip01Posted 2/12/2013 9:14:23 PM
Off topic but if you are into sandbox games look into just cause 2, great for just fooling around.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#10AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/12/2013 9:35:46 PM
01Philip01 posted...
Off topic but if you are into sandbox games look into just cause 2, great for just fooling around.

Yeah, but I don't really think the TC is into these kind of mindless "fun" games with no story judging by his posts in this thread.