This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm tired of getting f***ing inferior ports on the PS3.

#11megaultrarice34Posted 2/12/2013 7:29:53 PM
I'm tired of getting these mother f***ing snakes on the plane :(
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#12Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 7:31:50 PM
Shineboxer posted...
2005:Xbox 360 released
2006:PS3 released
"No games, and multiplats look better on 360?"
"Sony Fanboy says, Yeah but PS3 is vastly superior because of cell technology, games will take time to develop on the system"
2007:"No games, and multiplats look better on 360?"
"Sony Fanboy says, Yeah but PS3 is vastly superior, devs are already making better games for PS3 and Xbox will no longer be choice."
2008:"Still no dev support?"
"Sony Fanboy says, Yeah but PS3 is vastly superior, devs are making games for PS3, next year.
2009:"still no dev support?"
"Sony Fanboy says,Well soon this will call change next year...
2010:"still no actual dev support?"
"Sony Fanboy says, Next year will be the year for ps3 dominance"
2011:"still no actual dev support?"
"Sony Fanboy says, just you wait next year"...
2012:"still no dev support?"
"Sony fanboy says, next year..."
2013:Xbox 720 released, "still no actual dev support, Xbox owner says well, I had tons of fun playing the best games both first and third party this gen, now it's time to go on to new fun games on a new console."
"Sony fanboy says, well we got the last guardian, agent, and Kh3, oh wait.... "

As I said, I prefer the exclusives on the PS3, but most of what I play are multi-platform games.
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#13faris_ruhiPosted 2/12/2013 7:40:08 PM(edited)
Zora_Prince posted...
The thing is, I love these games, Bayonetta, Dues Ex, and Fallout 3, and I want to experience them in the best way I can.

Playing Deus Ex on the 360 is not going to give you the best experience. It is largely equivalent to the ps3 version.

DigitalFoundry confirms this as well, and loading times are taken into account too which are, once again, similar (I can confirm this too having extensively played both versions myself).

If you really want an experience that is a step up from the PS3 version, you're going to have to play the game on a decent PC.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Going through backlog in order of release, Current game: Saints Row (360)
#14Merc123Posted 2/12/2013 7:38:21 PM
Thats why i get multiplatform games on my Xbox.

I get the cool exclusive titles, or cool exclusive niche games (Valkyria Chronicles,Hyperdemension, ect) on PS3.
#15banzaiheilPosted 2/12/2013 7:39:03 PM
Zora_Prince posted...
While I think the PS3 won in exclusives, tons of great games that appeared on both systems have been lesser versions...

Bayonetta: One of my favorite games of all time. Virtually inferior in every way on the PS3.

Dues Ex: Human Revolution: Currently playing and really enjoying, but the loading times are brutal in comparison to the 360s.

Bethesda RPGs: Game looks worse and runs worse. Plus, PS3 hardware is hard to work with, hence why we haven't gotten the DLC in Skyrim.

Some people will want to blame Microsoft for "holding them back." I'll quote our video game developer on this board, AyumiSqueezetoy.

the PS3 hardware isn't very much more powerful than the 360's (so funny that people think it is so much more powerful because it's hard to use. the myth of "untapped potential"), but that aside, it isn't laziness that results in PS3 issues.

Time is money. You have 2 years to do a game, say, and that's a set amount. If it takes you 30% longer to access the same amount of power in the PS3, then you have to look at what you have. You have a budget and you have to put people on features. If you need to spend more time just making the PS3 version the same(and I'm using PS3 since it was brought up, but this is *any* project, on any set of platforms), then those resources have to come from somewhere. So what do you do? Cut features? Cut bug fixes? Cut levels?

The end of a project typically is 60 to 80 (or more - i've cracked 100 hours many times) per week, and everything over 40 is unpaid overtime. I'm basically working for half-wage. And you want to call me lazy because I don't have time to spend another 50 hours working around obtuse hardware and lousy libraries somewhere?

While I'm happy I got a PS3, I'm tired of these crappier ports. I will probably pick up a 360 when they become very cheap for that reason (and original XBox games).

I'm playing the first dlc on PS3 now, and it's running just fine. In a week, I'll be playing the next dlc. A week after that, the third dlc.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#16nouseravailablePosted 2/12/2013 7:47:59 PM
Just get a samsung notebook and a hdmi cable... Not to mention, its not exactly like that. Bethesda games have issues on all plataforms and we reached a point where there is not much difference between 360 and ps3 version: both are extremely inferior to the pc version...
And to answer the "what do you do" question your "developer" friend asked, its simple: just dont release a ps3 version if its so much harder (CD Projekt did that and i dont blame them at all). Its a matter of business philosphy, you either prioritize quality or you are just another mediocre company with lameass direction. Its easy to say "its not profitable" and charge full retail price for a decent version on console X and a broken version on console Y. I guess thats why Valve is Valve...
---
NP: Ocarina of Time 3D, Ni No Kuni and P4Arena
#17ukokira1Posted 2/12/2013 10:50:21 PM
Portal 2, Rayman Origins, Vanquish, Metal Gear Rising and several other games have their best version on PS3.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#18godslayer61Posted 2/13/2013 12:27:25 AM
Zora_Prince posted...
While I think the PS3 won in exclusives, tons of great games that appeared on both systems have been lesser versions...

Bayonetta: One of my favorite games of all time. Virtually inferior in every way on the PS3.

Dues Ex: Human Revolution: Currently playing and really enjoying, but the loading times are brutal in comparison to the 360s.

Bethesda RPGs: Game looks worse and runs worse. Plus, PS3 hardware is hard to work with, hence why we haven't gotten the DLC in Skyrim.

Some people will want to blame Microsoft for "holding them back." I'll quote our video game developer on this board, AyumiSqueezetoy.

the PS3 hardware isn't very much more powerful than the 360's (so funny that people think it is so much more powerful because it's hard to use. the myth of "untapped potential"), but that aside, it isn't laziness that results in PS3 issues.

Time is money. You have 2 years to do a game, say, and that's a set amount. If it takes you 30% longer to access the same amount of power in the PS3, then you have to look at what you have. You have a budget and you have to put people on features. If you need to spend more time just making the PS3 version the same(and I'm using PS3 since it was brought up, but this is *any* project, on any set of platforms), then those resources have to come from somewhere. So what do you do? Cut features? Cut bug fixes? Cut levels?

The end of a project typically is 60 to 80 (or more - i've cracked 100 hours many times) per week, and everything over 40 is unpaid overtime. I'm basically working for half-wage. And you want to call me lazy because I don't have time to spend another 50 hours working around obtuse hardware and lousy libraries somewhere?

While I'm happy I got a PS3, I'm tired of these crappier ports. I will probably pick up a 360 when they become very cheap for that reason (and original XBox games).

your totally blowing it out of proportion,i have bayonetta on both and i will say that your nuts if u think bayonetta is better on the 360. aaa fanboy of microcock
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#19UniversquallPosted 2/13/2013 12:36:26 AM
Not shocked at Shine living in a tunnel for the last 8 years. I am shocked at the TC working for Bethesda.
---
After the Fallout
#20torch00Posted 2/13/2013 1:11:29 AM
I'm still bummed about Mafia 2. The PS3 version has flat grass and no clothing movement, unlike the 360 and PC versions.