This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I was banned and I have some questions

#1Questioner7311Posted 2/12/2013 10:49:23 PM(edited)
So I seriously thought that my PSN account was hacked and had my credit card company investigate this "false charge". Sony did not dispute so I got my money back... but then I was banned. I found out it was a delayed transaction by Sony. So now all I needed to do was reverse the charge and I can have my account back... but now my bank tells me it's too late to reverse the charge. There was a certain time frame which I could and it is way past that. I called up Sony only to be told nothing can be done... I was even offered to buy a new PS3 to sign up for some warranty thing... I have to make a new account.

So my question is, will I still have access to all my Trophies, DLC and digital games? (on my Vita too?). I had some special preorder DLC that isn't buyable (Tales of Graces f costumes from GameStop as an example)
edit: by access I mean the fact that I have them downloaded on my PS3 and Vita already
Thanks...
---
PSN: FeatherFang
Old memories seldom fade and bad habits die hard
#2SophisticationPosted 2/12/2013 10:53:42 PM(edited)
You have just learned the golden rule...

SONY ALWAYS WINS BABY!!

Sadly, you are beat... Sony took you for a ride on the reading and instead of passing GO they dropped you off at Jail.
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#3Stanger5150Posted 2/12/2013 10:54:38 PM
I thought it was common knowledge that Sony sometimes takes forever to charge your account.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#4Questioner7311(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 11:03:27 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
I thought it was common knowledge that Sony sometimes takes forever to charge your account.

Well now I know. I don't really have the convenience to go out and buy a PSN card. I quickly made a purchase through my console. Though it seems like the risk I took has now gotten me to the point where I lost everything. I was also banned from GameStop's website (I don't know why), so I couldn't buy quickly online from there. Amazon just recently brought back the PSN cards on their store and it's mostly where I shop.
I'm not saying it's Sony's fault, however I really just want to know if I'll still be able to used my already downloaded content.
---
#5SophisticationPosted 2/12/2013 11:04:39 PM
Questioner7311 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...

Well now I know. I don't really have the convenience to go out and buy a PSN card. I quickly made a purchase through my console. Though it seems like the risk I took has now gotten me to the point where I lost everything. I was also banned from GameStop's website (I don't know why), so I couldn't buy quickly online from there. Amazon just recently brought back the PSN cards on their store and it's mostly where I shop.
I'm not saying it's Sony's fault, however I really just want to know if I'll still be able to used my already downloaded content.

You seem to be getting banned from a lot of places -- This place will be next, hell, maybe even Amazon. Better watch your back and start acting right.
---
As a true sophistocrat I am the best at what I do--you all love my judicious topics & the debate I bring.
PSN:sophistocrat
#6Questioner7311(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 11:06:20 PM
Sophistication posted...
You seem to be getting banned from a lot of places -- This place will be next, hell, maybe even Amazon. Better watch your back and start acting right.

Actually I hear Amazon bans you from making too many returns lol. It will probably be the next place I'm banned from!
---
#7brycemorrPosted 2/12/2013 11:07:23 PM
Yea your screwed. just threaten to sue them to gain access back cause if you rightfully paid for the stuff you should have it.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#8Questioner7311(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 11:15:35 PM
brycemorr posted...
Yea your screwed. just threaten to sue them to gain access back cause if you rightfully paid for the stuff you should have it.

Alright... not too familiar with how to do that, but I'll see what i can do. Thanks
---
#9king_maddenPosted 2/12/2013 11:15:51 PM
Im trying to understand what happened here.

-you bought something off psn.
-forgot you bought it, and thought someone else was using your card.
-told the bank that the charges werent made by you.
-the bank returned your money.
-sony notices you're using something that you got your money back for and bans you.
-too much time has passed for the bank to reverse the charge.

is that how it all worked? if so I wouldnt threaten to sue, because it would cost you more money when sony realizes they can easily win this one.

to a business it would look like you were just trying to get something for free so you lied to the bank and tried to get over on sony. Im not saying thats what you were doing but thats how it would look.

I dont see why Sony didnt just tell you to pay for everything all over again, unless they actually feel like you're just a scammer.
#10Questioner7311(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 11:21:21 PM
king_madden posted...
Im trying to understand what happened here.

-you bought something off psn.
-forgot you bought it, and thought someone else was using your card.
-told the bank that the charges werent made by you.
-the bank returned your money.
-sony notices you're using something that you got your money back for and bans you.
-too much time has passed for the bank to reverse the charge.

is that how it all worked? if so I wouldnt threaten to sue, because it would cost you more money when sony realizes they can easily win this one.

to a business it would look like you were just trying to get something for free so you lied to the bank and tried to get over on sony. Im not saying thats what you were doing but thats how it would look.

I dont see why Sony didnt just tell you to pay for everything all over again, unless they actually feel like you're just a scammer.

Basically that's what happened...
I asked if they could just charge me the money again, but I was told (more than once) nothing can be done... only reversing the charge can get me unbanned.
I'm beginning to think I'll have nothing I previously bought available on my Vita, but how about on my PS3 albeit on a new account?
Maybe I'm also talking to the wrong people?
---