This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FFXIII really is a terrible game.

#21noutBrPosted 2/13/2013 4:37:24 AM
....I love FFXII and FFXIII actually.

Come to think of it, there is no FF I really can't stand at all. I just prefer some FF games over others because I enjoy them more. FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFX and FFXII are my personal favourites but I certainly enjoyed playing the others too. I did enjoy FFI and FFIX more than FFXIII but I still thoroughly enjoyed the ride right until the end.

I don't understand why so many people are hating so many games, just because it isn't THE absolute best game you ever played doesn't automatically make it the worst. Save that for actual bad games like Super Man 64, E.T. and the Mega Man anniversary flash game for iOS.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#22Retroxgamer0Posted 2/13/2013 4:51:43 AM
i wonder why so many ppl hate it yet there are many like myself who think its one of the best final fantasies. i guess nostalgia? i dont remember ff2 or 5 or whatever being this good o.0
#23anonymous46773Posted 2/13/2013 4:54:12 AM
It really is a terrible game. I just wish SE would stop milking the crap out of it and move on to XV.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#24DarkSymbiotePosted 2/13/2013 4:55:36 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
negative times infinity for misspelling The Master's name.

Oops!

Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
It wasn't.

Hmmm...
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#25peki_zgPosted 2/13/2013 5:14:50 AM
Jon_God posted...
It's not 'terrible' but it's not good either, it's just kinda bland.

Great art, world/character design, music, graphics...

Terrible presentation of story, bland and unrelatable character development, boring gameplay, overall just not well directed.

This is exactly how I feel about FFXII. XIII has many flaws and it certainly isn't one of the better entries in FF series but it's still much more interesting than XII. XII is the only main FF game that I couldn't finish because it was so boring and out of focus. I was so hyped for it because it was made by people who worked on FF Tactics and Vagrant Story so I excepted great political story on the same level as those games, but after promising beginning, It just fell apart.

I want more freedom and less linearity in jrpgs but I don't want to play an offline MMO and that is what FFXII basically is.
#26SxmfctPosted 2/13/2013 5:18:45 AM
Yeah it's terrible

I heard it got better at chapter 11, but it didn't. Same crap through and through
---
"We play the game without having to worry about viruses, system instability, OS deterioration, Compatibility issues, or crappy controls." - 95_Eclipse
#27Sand_FlarePosted 2/13/2013 5:24:51 AM
FFXIII is a travesty of game design and story telling. It's really not even worth mentioning, except to point out how...not worth mentioning it is.
---
http://i.minus.com/iMDVRuYNQql6o.gif
#28zerooo0Posted 2/13/2013 5:25:13 AM
All I heard was blablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#29Power TurtlePosted 2/13/2013 5:32:47 AM
What happened between XII and XIII is a new console. The number one priority nowadays seems to be graphics, sadly, and that is ruining the gaming industry IMO.. So many games are BEAUTIFUL, but lack any depth whatsoever and have hardly any replay value. With this generation came a huge influx of graphics whores and the video game quality has dropped significantly. A Lot of current gen games are great, but if you notice, they aren't the ones that have super awesome graphics! Squenix gave us one of the most beautiful games i have ever played.. unfortunately it was a linear, low quality, confusing mess.. at least it was beautiful, right graphic whores? :/
#30Pharsti01Posted 2/13/2013 5:35:54 AM
Wait wait wait....

You think FF12 is "great"....?

FF13 was a major disappointment, and it is, pretty much crap.... but id rather have that crap fed to me every single day of my miserable life than play even 1 more hour of FF12.

So..... yeah, ill agree with you on FF13 being crap, but we will have to agree to disagree on how much bad 12 was XD