This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The only thing more overhyped than FF7 is

#61MlREFOXPosted 2/13/2013 1:18:09 PM(edited)
ZombieAkane posted...
MlREFOX posted...
BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Just for giggles, I looked up that Onision guy that TC first mentioned and it is no-talent crap. This TC is either an enormous troll or bran-damaged.

Oh yeah cause 242 million video views is no talent.

people are sooo drawn to no talent.

you studied music for 25 years i dont see you with 242 million views on youtube.

just because he made some lighthearted music parodies does not take away from his skill as a composer, they are merely fitting for the occasion.

So YouTube hits equates to talent in your mind? I suppose that makes sense seeing as you see no intrinsic value in creativity and simply think anything can be boiled down to numbers.

And since you talk about hits, when you put in Onision, nearly every single one of his videos us under 100,000 hits, and a few handful creep closer to 500,000. When you put in Nobuo Uematsu, there are at least two hits on the first page with over 5,000,000 views, and most are in the 100,000s. So by your metric, Nobuo Uematsu must be more talented than that hack you think is artistic.
#62majin nemesisPosted 2/13/2013 1:15:50 PM
Nobuo Uematsu has good musics but there are better Japanese games music composers out there like Akira Yamaoka for example
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#63DakhanavarXPosted 2/13/2013 1:25:30 PM
ZombieAkane posted...
MlREFOX posted...
BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Just for giggles, I looked up that Onision guy that TC first mentioned and it is no-talent crap. This TC is either an enormous troll or bran-damaged.

you studied music for 25 years i dont see you with 242 million views on youtube.

just because he made some lighthearted music parodies does not take away from his skill as a composer, they are merely fitting for the occasion.

So I wonder if so many people being drawn towards Nobuo's work means...that he is quite talented? Crazy thought, I know.

Basically, your entire argument, if you can even call it that, amounts to, "I don't like a well-known and respected game composer as much as many other people. So...he's overhyped."
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library
#64MlREFOXPosted 2/13/2013 1:27:11 PM
DakhanavarX posted...
ZombieAkane posted...
MlREFOX posted...
BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

So I wonder if so many people being drawn towards Nobuo's work means...that he is quite talented? Crazy thought, I know.

Basically, your entire argument, if you can even call it that, amounts to, "I don't like a well-known and respected game composer as much as many other people. So...he's overhyped."

Don't forget his amazingly compelling argument that there is no such thing as artistic talent as it can be taught in about 4 years in school.
#65ZombieAkane(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 9:33:42 PM
MlREFOX posted...
ZombieAkane posted...
MlREFOX posted...
BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

So YouTube hits equates to talent in your mind? I suppose that makes sense seeing as you see no intrinsic value in creativity and simply think anything can be boiled down to numbers.

And since you talk about hits, when you put in Onision, nearly every single one of his videos us under 100,000 hits, and a few handful creep closer to 500,000. When you put in Nobuo Uematsu, there are at least two hits on the first page with over 5,000,000 views, and most are in the 100,000s. So by your metric, Nobuo Uematsu must be more talented than that hack you think is artistic.

That was just me defending him from you, you called him a no talent.

Fame does not equal talent either, that is the issue I was trying to get across. Nubuo is famous, not exceptionally talented.

Right place, right time.
---
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
#66Marnex15Posted 2/14/2013 12:45:14 AM
lmao Onision. He's nothing but Youtube garbage.

You like RayWilliamJohnson and Shane Dawson too, don't you?
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#67Marnex15Posted 2/14/2013 12:47:54 AM
ZombieAkane posted...

Justin Bieber
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#68LatchKeyKidPosted 2/14/2013 4:08:20 AM
Final Fantasy 7 is my least favorite in the series and I still love it's sountrack. FF 4-6 is like a holy trinity of game music for me, if you can't be hyped about Nabuo Uematsu, who can you?
---
FFXI Lakshmi Server: Walsh
#69ZombieAkane(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 6:05:41 AM
Marnex15 posted...
ZombieAkane posted...

Justin Bieber

He's a good singer, he just doesn't appeal to the gaming demographic.
---
"If I facepalm as hard as I wanted to it would be a mortal kombat fatality" - knightimex
#70rammtayPosted 2/14/2013 6:55:21 AM
Rob_the_Ninja posted...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_losq5xNeGn1qensylo1_500.jpg

implying FF7 is fun at all and isn't the most boring game ever made.
---
caps