This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here got F1 race stars?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Anyone here got F1 race stars?

User Info: chrishanner

chrishanner
3 years ago#1
I will post this on the actual game board as well, but it seems pretty dead.

Has anyone here bought the game or downloaded it from the ps store? Is there a difference between the two versions?

The reason I ask is that I seem to suck at my PS store downloaded version, but I'm surprisingly good on the (I assume disc) version I played in a shop.

At home, I was quite good to start with, but soon found myself unable to place anywhere in the 3000cc races, without a lot of replays. The other drivers seemed to just be going faster and I would just get demolished by constant weapon attacks

In HMV today, my wife had a go on a 3000cc course she'd never tried before, and despite doing donuts off the track for a few seconds, she still came first by about 30 seconds.

I had a try on the Belgium course, which was causing me problems at home, and not only did I win, but I finished over a minute ahead of 2nd place and I lapped three people!

I just had a quick go when I got home, and I managed a first place on my third attempt, and only by three seconds.

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or is there actually a difference between the two versions?
"I pity the fool"-The teachings of Mr T.

chrishanner
3 years ago#2
BUMP

Has anyone got this?

User Info: PHEEliNUX

PHEEliNUX
3 years ago#3
It is free in EU PS+, It is a racing game? I thought it was a board game with "Race" in it
PSN:PHEEliNUX

chrishanner
3 years ago#4
Yeah, I got from ps+. It seems like a fun racer, just a bit frustrating.

chrishanner
3 years ago#5
Anyone? I know its not the most popular game, but someone must have gotten it!!

User Info: PHEEliNUX

PHEEliNUX
3 years ago#6
I tried it, It is ok, I give it 5/10 though, Because of how broken the game mechanics are
PSN:PHEEliNUX

chrishanner
3 years ago#7
OK, it happened again today in HMV.

I played a 3000cc race on Belgium in single race. I got a turbo start and instantly overtook the whole competition, and with using the locked shortcut, I lapped everybody and finished 1 minute and 30 seconds ahead of second place.

On my downloaded version, everyone else does a turbo start so there's no way I could overtake them like that. In a 3000cc race I would be barely keeping up with the competition. I got a similar lap time to my normal laps, but there's no way I could have lapped them all like that!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Anyone here got F1 race stars?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived