This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here got F1 race stars?

#1chrishannerPosted 2/13/2013 11:19:03 AM
I will post this on the actual game board as well, but it seems pretty dead.

Has anyone here bought the game or downloaded it from the ps store? Is there a difference between the two versions?

The reason I ask is that I seem to suck at my PS store downloaded version, but I'm surprisingly good on the (I assume disc) version I played in a shop.

At home, I was quite good to start with, but soon found myself unable to place anywhere in the 3000cc races, without a lot of replays. The other drivers seemed to just be going faster and I would just get demolished by constant weapon attacks

In HMV today, my wife had a go on a 3000cc course she'd never tried before, and despite doing donuts off the track for a few seconds, she still came first by about 30 seconds.

I had a try on the Belgium course, which was causing me problems at home, and not only did I win, but I finished over a minute ahead of 2nd place and I lapped three people!

I just had a quick go when I got home, and I managed a first place on my third attempt, and only by three seconds.

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or is there actually a difference between the two versions?
---
"I pity the fool"-The teachings of Mr T.
#2chrishanner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 12:05:06 AM
BUMP

Has anyone got this?
---
#3PHEEliNUXPosted 2/14/2013 12:11:47 AM
It is free in EU PS+, It is a racing game? I thought it was a board game with "Race" in it
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#4chrishanner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:13:40 AM
Yeah, I got from ps+. It seems like a fun racer, just a bit frustrating.
---
#5chrishanner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 12:59:03 PM
Anyone? I know its not the most popular game, but someone must have gotten it!!
---
#6PHEEliNUXPosted 2/15/2013 1:00:30 PM
I tried it, It is ok, I give it 5/10 though, Because of how broken the game mechanics are
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
#7chrishanner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:18:36 PM
OK, it happened again today in HMV.

I played a 3000cc race on Belgium in single race. I got a turbo start and instantly overtook the whole competition, and with using the locked shortcut, I lapped everybody and finished 1 minute and 30 seconds ahead of second place.

On my downloaded version, everyone else does a turbo start so there's no way I could overtake them like that. In a 3000cc race I would be barely keeping up with the competition. I got a similar lap time to my normal laps, but there's no way I could have lapped them all like that!
---