This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If the Last Gaurdian moves to the PS4 it will be a very Smart

#1monkeyman0111Posted 2/13/2013 1:25:41 PM
Sure you might be upset if the only reason you bought a PS3 was for this game, but hey that'll teach you to buy a system for a game that never had a solid release date.

Reasons for production to move to the PS4
1: ICO games have been critically celebrated as some of the best in gaming. However that doesn't mean it has translated to high sales.
2: The company has never sold games with huge returns. Even the Shadow of the Collossus which was toward the end of the PS2 life cycle. (So don't pull that bull crap that it would be a bad move to a smaller install base)
3: The PS3 Library is huge, it would get way more attention on a PS4 if it was a launch game
4: For example: Resistance Fall of Man which was a "good" game, just not great, sold really well for the PS3 and had enough of the spotlight to garner two sequels.
5: Games like these deserve much more attention, and if it's a launch title it will get that well deserved attention
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111
#2pecorrePosted 2/13/2013 1:41:50 PM
I agree with you.

Also, it's one of the game I'd buy a PS4 for.
#3majin nemesisPosted 2/13/2013 1:43:34 PM
it won't get more attention because most people won't buy PS4 at launch as opposed to coming out on the PS3 that most people already have so they would buy the game right way
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#4monkeyman0111(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 1:51:22 PM
majin nemesis posted...
it won't get more attention because most people won't buy PS4 at launch as opposed to coming out on the PS3 that most people already have so they would buy the game right way

Again, you have to understand that there are too many games on PS3 market, it will make a much bigger splash in a new pool. Each console launch sells 3 to 5 million, buying within the first three months. And most of those people will buy at least 2-3 games. And most launches have no more than 20 games to show off. That's about a 1/10 chance that people would buy the Last Guardian on the PS4.
Where as the options for games people can buy on the Ps3 are too vast for a game without an established title to sell big numbers.
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111
#5majin nemesisPosted 2/13/2013 2:25:27 PM
monkeyman0111 posted...
majin nemesis posted...

Again, you have to understand that there are too many games on PS3 market, it will make a much bigger splash in a new pool. Each console launch sells 3 to 5 million, buying within the first three months. And most of those people will buy at least 2-3 games. And most launches have no more than 20 games to show off. That's about a 1/10 chance that people would buy the Last Guardian on the PS4.
Where as the options for games people can buy on the Ps3 are too vast for a game without an established title to sell big numbers.

games sell because people want them not because there more or less games on the system if you think more people will buy The Last Guardian on the PS4 only because there's less choices then you're wrong people won't buy games they are not interested also by the time most people will have a PS4 the last guardian will be forgotten like what happen with the launch ps3 games
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
#6Kaiser499Posted 2/13/2013 2:30:12 PM
It is going to PS4, I've been saying this for months but no one wants to believe me, same goes for Versus XIII.
---
www.twitch.tv/kaiser499
#7kingstagPosted 2/13/2013 2:31:38 PM
majin nemesis posted...
monkeyman0111 posted...
majin nemesis posted...

games sell because people want them not because there more or less games on the system if you think more people will buy The Last Guardian on the PS4 only because there's less choices then you're wrong people won't buy games they are not interested also by the time most people will have a PS4 the last guardian will be forgotten like what happen with the launch ps3 games

You're 100% wrong on this. Of course launch games have inflated sales. People spend all that money and that want games immediately to play on them. Last Guardian would be HUGE as a PS4 launch title although I'm still hoping it's PS3.
#8majin nemesisPosted 2/13/2013 2:38:02 PM
kingstag posted...
majin nemesis posted...
monkeyman0111 posted...
majin nemesis posted...

You're 100% wrong on this. Of course launch games have inflated sales. People spend all that money and that want games immediately to play on them. Last Guardian would be HUGE as a PS4 launch title although I'm still hoping it's PS3.

no they haven't besides do you think The Last Guardian will compete with launch titles like uncharted 4 and Cod and possible GTA 5 it will be overlooked it if it comes out in the PS3 more people will buy it
---
#9Hucast9Posted 2/13/2013 2:38:32 PM
monkeyman0111 posted...
Sure you might be upset if the only reason you bought a PS3 was for this game, but hey that'll teach you to buy a system for a game that never had a solid release date.

Reasons for production to move to the PS4
1: ICO games have been critically celebrated as some of the best in gaming. However that doesn't mean it has translated to high sales.
2: The company has never sold games with huge returns. Even the Shadow of the Collossus which was toward the end of the PS2 life cycle. (So don't pull that bull crap that it would be a bad move to a smaller install base)
3: The PS3 Library is huge, it would get way more attention on a PS4 if it was a launch game
4: For example: Resistance Fall of Man which was a "good" game, just not great, sold really well for the PS3 and had enough

It would definitely be verry smart to push it to the PS4 if that is even possible. A launch game of that caliber would be a major plus for early adopters of the system.
#10RisingWaterPosted 2/13/2013 2:38:36 PM
Kaiser499 posted...
It is going to PS4, I've been saying this for months but no one wants to believe me, same goes for Versus XIII.

More like,it moved to PS4 long time ago :)
I wouldn't be surprised if it was announced at PS4 event.