This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DmC v. FFXIII franchise-- which is less deserving of hate?

#1TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 2/13/2013 2:53:14 PM
Which is less deserving of hate? - Results (159 votes)
DmC
46.54% (74 votes)
FFXIII franchise
53.46% (85 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just a poll- as I liked both games but see the ridiculous bashing online, while rarely seeing the more optimistic or positive sides.

So, out of the two, which is less deserving of hate?
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
Many people seem to forget the golden rule of the internet: "Everyone's entitled to their own opinion."
#2LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/13/2013 2:55:18 PM(edited)
FFXIII is one of the worst RPGs I've ever played. The sequel was no better, either.

I got more enjoyment out of DmC's demo than I did with the entirety of FFXIII & its sequel.
---
Long live the Hero of Winds!
#3LodeiroSnakePosted 2/13/2013 2:55:17 PM
Other: None
#4DaggeraxePosted 2/13/2013 2:58:03 PM
Hard to say, they are both equally deserving of hate.
#5DocDeliciousPosted 2/13/2013 3:07:24 PM
FFXIII can't be hated enough.
---
Disgaea 4, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, The Cave, Need For Speed: MW 2012, DmC: Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter FU
PSN: DocDelicious
#6RayconPosted 2/13/2013 3:12:11 PM
Hey, at least the FFXIII developers didn't go out of their way to insult their fanbase at every step of the game's development.

At least, not explicitly.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#7Draconas_LyrrPosted 2/13/2013 3:23:57 PM
Well, FFXIII is in my top five FF's and I liked FFXIII-2 more than the first..so I've gotta go with FFXIII.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#8PhaseSlaethePosted 2/13/2013 3:25:21 PM
Raycon posted...
Hey, at least the FFXIII developers didn't go out of their way to insult their fanbase at every step of the game's development.

At least, not explicitly.

This.

Also,NEITHER is a franchise on their own.
#9LaventorPosted 2/13/2013 3:39:03 PM
Square has always experimented with new battle systems, stories etc in the main FF titles, XIII is no exception in this. Some of the hate on it was unjustified as some of it could be seen in previous titles as well, but was perhaps less obvious (like the linearity, say hello to FF X, and even the 'glorious' PS1 FF's had a very long stray of linearity before they opened up despite the world maps).

So yea, Final Fantasy XIII did not deserve this much hate. If by now you don't expect Square to try new systems, formulas and stories with each new main series entry then you haven't been playing Final Fantasy for very long.

Just for the record: I'm in no way saying there's nothing wrong with FF XIII, experiments can go wrong.
#10PhaseSlaethePosted 2/13/2013 3:39:50 PM
Laventor posted...
Square has always experimented with new battle systems, stories etc in the main FF titles, XIII is no exception in this. Some of the hate on it was unjustified as some of it could be seen in previous titles as well, but was perhaps less obvious (like the linearity, say hello to FF X, and even the 'glorious' PS1 FF's had a very long stray of linearity before they opened up despite the world maps).

So yea, Final Fantasy XIII did not deserve this much hate. If by now you don't expect Square to try new systems, formulas and stories with each new main series entry then you haven't been playing Final Fantasy for very long.

Just for the record: I'm in no way saying there's nothing wrong with FF XIII, experiments can go wrong.

FF9 was largely a non-experiment. And it was fantastic.

SE needs to realize that failed experiments do NOT do them any favors.