This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you see reaching out to your online buds more prevalent next-gen?

#1jim200Posted 2/13/2013 1:54:15 PM
I definitely do. Especially with how 3DS has streetpass (very limited but a step forward) and Vita has Near (easy to make new friends close to you), I can only imagine what PS4 and 720 will do.

I hope it's not just more facebook/twitter/tout integration. More like a link to them to get your friends on the PSN and more easily play games together. With 720 and PS4 having their own social hub. Sony has Home but something more streamlined to get into a game with the person you meet. Not just playing a PSHome game.
---
Thinking Is Destructive
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#2DocDeliciousPosted 2/13/2013 2:11:05 PM
No.
---
Disgaea 4, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, The Cave, Need For Speed: MW 2012, DmC: Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter FU
PSN: DocDelicious
#3Draconas_LyrrPosted 2/13/2013 2:21:15 PM
The only people on my current friends list are my offline friends, and people who randomly added me when one of my friends was playing AvP online that he accepted and I didn't care enough to delete.

So, I don't see myself reaching out to online people at all.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#4ThePatrickPosted 2/13/2013 2:46:20 PM
I don't usually play too many online games so I don't really have online buds.

Don't see that changing much with the next generation.
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#5ThaiNoodlesPosted 2/13/2013 2:52:37 PM
Online is only really cool to me for when you play with people from other countries. I've been playing RE5 with this guy in Argentina, so I get to practice my spanish and it's actually pretty cool.