This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Epic Games: "Next gen will be a substantial leap over current gen"

#1Hucast9Posted 2/13/2013 2:02:09 PM
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1807753/nextgen_will_be_a_substantial_leap_over_the_current_generation_says_epic.html

Next generation consoles, or high-end platforms, will offer a gamers a ‘substantial leap over the current generation’ according to Epic founder Tim Sweeney.

You'd hope so, too. Speaking in the latest issue of Edge magazine, Sweeney talks in detail on the work that Epic is currently conducting on its next-gen engine, the Unreal Engine 4.

Sweeney believes that the current crop of high-end PCs are ‘representative' of what players should expect, but when the next generation of consoles actually arrives it will be a ‘substantial leap’ over the experiences we have today.

“We’re more enthusiastic now than ever about the future of high-end platforms,” explained Sweeney.

“What we’re doing on high-end PCs is going to be representative of the future consumer gaming experience and it’s going to be awesome. It’s going to be a substantial leap over the current generation.”
#2Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 2:05:26 PM
Imagine Vanquish 2 on a next gen console.
#3majin nemesisPosted 2/13/2013 2:05:51 PM
in other words: better graphics worse games
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#4mogar002Posted 2/13/2013 3:23:40 PM
More movies; less games
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#5wstfldPosted 2/13/2013 3:24:49 PM
I would hope so.
---
Last Played: DmC (8.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civ 5, DmC, SOTC HD, StarCraft 2
#6MrUntouchable18Posted 2/13/2013 3:26:20 PM
Why does Epic care? All they are gonna do is what until someone releases great game they will then take that game paste a different name on it and release it. Not trolling
---
Madness is like gravity all it takes is a little push.
-Heath Ledger (Joker)-
#7Succulent_FartsPosted 2/13/2013 3:30:30 PM
MrUntouchable18 posted...
Why does Epic care? All they are gonna do is what until someone releases great game they will then take that game paste a different name on it and release it. Not trolling

I would have preferred if you were just trolling. Instead, you now make yourself out to be either ignorant, or biased. Perhaps a combination of both actually
#8dj___rollPosted 2/13/2013 3:41:33 PM
Quote:in other words: better graphics worse games
@majin nemesis
You're a cup half empty sort of guy I take it.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#9Virus66Posted 2/13/2013 4:05:26 PM
Yeah, this totally won't happen. A top-end PC is not even close equivalent to what the rumored PS4 specs are.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#10Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 8:28:49 PM
bump