This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony Books Huge Venue for PlayStation Meeting,

#1TauriLeaderPosted 2/13/2013 3:11:52 PM
With the PlayStation Meeting now one week away, excitement for the PS4s announcement is at a fever pitch. Of course, some are still reluctant to believe that the next generation is already upon us, but the size of the meeting’s venue certainly points to the PlayStation 4s big reveal.

In an invite to PSLS, Sony announced that the PlayStation Meeting will be held at The Hammerstein Ballroom at the Manhattan Center Studios in New York. Unlike an ordinary press event, which only has 20 or so journalists in attendance, this is going to be a huge event akin to an E3 press conference – The Hammerstein Ballroom’s website states that the venue can accommodate 2,800 people Reception Style or 2,200 people Theater Style.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/13/sony-books-huge-venue-for-playstation-meeting-perfect-place-for-ps4-reveal/

I doubt it is for a new Vita model.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#2FiendingHardPosted 2/13/2013 3:15:02 PM
http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/kaz.gif
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Far Cry 3, Anarchy Reigns, Final Fantasy 9.
#3youwiththefacePosted 2/13/2013 3:23:48 PM
I'll be honest. I don't really want a new playstation or xbox ATM.

I'm fine with them releasing them next year .
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ you're seeing red ||||||||||||||||||||||||| you're seeing green
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] you're seeing blue ~G~ results may vary
#4riddlebox89Posted 2/13/2013 3:23:56 PM
TauriLeader posted...

Doesn't matter, won't know what they're announcing until they do it so until then, saying they're definitely going to announce the PS4 is just speculation.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#5TauriLeader(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 3:42:10 PM(edited)
riddlebox89 posted...
TauriLeader posted...

Doesn't matter, won't know what they're announcing until they do it so until then, saying they're definitely going to announce the PS4 is just speculation.

There is not much else they can announce. The last 2 Playstation Meetings was an announcement for the PS3 and Vita.

I'm sure Sony knows not to build up a ton of hype like this unless they are revealing something massive.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#6riddlebox89Posted 2/13/2013 4:00:20 PM
TauriLeader posted...
There is not much else they can announce. The last 2 Playstation Meetings was an announcement for the PS3 and Vita.

I'm sure Sony knows not to build up a ton of hype like this unless they are revealing something massive.

I'm not saying it's not going to be a PS4 announcement, just saying that it probably could be something else entirely regardless of what they've done in Playstation meetings before.

That's just it, they're not the ones building up the hype, it's others speculating on what they could announce that is building up the hype, sure they might announce something massive, but that doesn't automatically mean it's definitely going to be a PS4 announcement.

I mean hell it could be an announcement for a new VR controller that you put on your head and put some straps on your hands and feet to act as the controller buttons, or a new PS3 model that can play PS1, 2, 3, PSP and Vita games all in one.

Or it could just be a letdown and they'll say that they're going to announce something at a later date.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#7TauriLeader(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 4:18:32 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
TauriLeader posted...

I'm not saying it's not going to be a PS4 announcement, just saying that it probably could be something else entirely regardless of what they've done in Playstation meetings before.

That's just it, they're not the ones building up the hype, it's others speculating on what they could announce that is building up the hype, sure they might announce something massive, but that doesn't automatically mean it's definitely going to be a PS4 announcement.

I mean hell it could be an announcement for a new VR controller that you put on your head and put some straps on your hands and feet to act as the controller buttons, or a new PS3 model that can play PS1, 2, 3, PSP and Vita games all in one.

Or it could just be a letdown and they'll say that they're going to announce something at a later date.

We would know if there was a VR controller being developed. We knew about the Vita at least a year before it was announced so a VR controller would have been leaked ages ago.

The media know its the PS4. They just don't know the specifics. Look at all the articles there to build hype. Sony would see all this and if it wasn't the PS4 they would say so.
---
#8gtaking5Posted 2/13/2013 4:25:45 PM(edited)
riddlebox89 posted...
TauriLeader posted...

We would know if there was a VR controller being developed. We knew about the Vita at least a year before it was announced so a VR controller would have been leaked ages ago.

The media know its the PS4. They just don't know the specifics. Look at all the articles there to build hype. Sony would see all this and if it wasn't the PS4 they would say so.

You know the policy. We don't comment on speculation or rumours
---
‘Cause I’m a little boy named Train
Ask me again and I’ll tell you the same, Little boy named Train