This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How in the world is this possible!?!?

#1AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/13/2013 3:12:55 PM
I just got a new copy of Far Cry 3 about 3 days ago, wrapped and everything, opened it today and found out it doesn't have an online pass! How am I supposed to play online (not that I care much about it, but still) then? How is it possible in the first place for a new copy to not have one!? What is going on?
#2riddlebox89Posted 2/13/2013 3:17:18 PM
Take it back to the store you got it from and say it doesn't work and get it exchanged for a new copy.

Or if you got it at Gamestop, check your receipt, it might be printed on that.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#3true_gamer80Posted 2/13/2013 3:17:57 PM
silly question but your sure it was actually new and not just resealed?

It does happen sometimes, if your sure its new and hopefully have your reciept give customer service a call. I know its a pain in the ass when this happens but if its new you are owed an oonline pass.
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#4anonymous46773Posted 2/13/2013 3:18:42 PM
Yeah, they put the code on the receipt sometimes.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#5Draconas_LyrrPosted 2/13/2013 3:18:50 PM
There are such things as factory defects, etc..
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#6AwesomePS3gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 3:20:00 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
Take it back to the store you got it from and say it doesn't work and get it exchanged for a new copy.

I can't right now since it's 12:17AM right now where I live, and if I waited till tomorrow I don't think they will accept it, you know, after about 4-5 days of buying it and all.
#7true_gamer80Posted 2/13/2013 3:21:34 PM
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

I can't right now since it's 12:17AM right now where I live, and if I waited till tomorrow I don't think they will accept it, you know, after about 4-5 days of buying it and all.

I say call customer service, number should be in the manual, if its been days since you got it and havent brought this up to the store you got it from and its now opened I feel lke you may have a hard time getting one from them.
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#8AwesomePS3gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 3:21:40 PM
true_gamer80 posted...

It does happen sometimes, if your sure its new and hopefully have your reciept give customer service a call. I know its a pain in the ass when this happens but if its new you are owed an oonline pass.

Yes, I'm 100% sure, what is thier customer service number?
#9kel25Posted 2/13/2013 3:24:42 PM
I've run into factory problems before. I bought two games that were factory sealed from a local gaming store. One game had two disc 1s while the other didn't have any discs.

After the first incident I started to open all of my games in the store and right in front of the person I bought the game from. This really saved me when I opened the game without any discs because I doubt they would have believed me otherwise.
#10AwesomePS3gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 3:27:57 PM
AwesomePS3gamer posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

Yes, I'm 100% sure, what is thier customer service number?

Anyone? It is not in the manual, there is only one for Sony's. :(