This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Online community.

#1darkhishamPosted 2/13/2013 3:32:29 PM
I own both a PS3 and a 360. I mainly play on the 360 because most of my friends are there. I started using my PS3 more and I don't know what this console has but the people online are very aggresive. They play until they get a trophy and then leave and if you did y thing that minimally made them not get a trophy they make a whole drama out of it. I've read many PS3 owners who said they dislike trophies even though I've seen much more interest in trophies than the 360 guys with the achievements. If you don't have a mic they don't like you and say that the community is better because the xbox has screaming 13 year olds. I don't know why they say that since I play games on the 360 and most people NEED to have a mic on and they don't say a single word and I've heard 13 year olds on PS3 too. They also like to boast how old they are compared to others. I've played the 360 ten times or more than the PS3 and I haven't had such a bad time compared to the 3-4 days going back to the PS3. Are most people really like this or I've had bad luck? Because I don't feel like going on for now when the community gave me a really bad impression.
#2este914Posted 2/13/2013 3:34:48 PM
Alot of people who think they are 'elitists' and 'entitled' gamers unfortunately =\
It's one of the reasons I dont play any games online...
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#3riddlebox89Posted 2/13/2013 3:48:59 PM
It's not just the PS3, the 360 has people like that too.

But yeah, trophy whores are one of the worst people to play online with if all you wanna do is relax and play the game, hell I once had a guy go into a full on rage attack in RE5 when he was going for that trophy where you chain attacks between you and the other player with the same enemy, so I told him to go screw himself because he shouldn't be that angry over something that doesn't even give him anything but a plus 1 in some online thing that only trophy obsessed people are going to look at.

That's why I don't play with randoms anymore, it's either I go it solo or play with people I actually know.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#4BeknessPosted 2/13/2013 3:55:40 PM
I can't really speak for ps3 online since I never go on there, but I'd guess it's the same as Steam.

I met my best friend on there and we've been friends for 1 year 10 days. Aside from him, I've mostly met perverts, rage quitters, annoying people who are all like "swap weapons with me" "let's trade items" crap like that to try and benefit themselves, a few nice enough people that I just don't really talk to, it's hard to maintain a friendship when you really only play the same game, then move onto other games.

I'd add people I know IRL but I don't know anyone IRL. >_>
---
THERE WILL BE NO BEK LEFT BEHIND! ~Pyro
"you date a girl you met online... you have to come to terms with, every guy she knows likely wants her" ~Zap
#5PhaseSlaethePosted 2/13/2013 3:57:26 PM
If I wanted to meet douches I'd just go back to highschool.