This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why hasn't there ever been a great Die Hard game?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why hasn't there ever been a great Die Hard game?
3 years ago#1
The best is probably the Turbografx Die Hard title. Die Hard Arcade was... OK, I suppose, but it barely even qualifies. Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza gets a B+ for strong effort, but it botched the execution.

And what else are we left with? Die Hard on the NES? Die Hard Trilogy 1 and 2? Freakin' Vendetta?

This series deserves a proper game, because it's so video game-like in many ways to begin with. Let's say third-person cover-based shooter, because McClane is ALWAYS doing cover-based shooting.
--- - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
3 years ago#2
Dead to Rights.

We're done here.
3 years ago#3
die hard trilogy was great and has an average of 86% on GR.

never tried 2 though... didn't even know there was a 2.
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
3 years ago#4
Die hard trilogy was solid.
3 years ago#5
Die Hard Trilogy was great. 3rd person, first person and vehicle games. Great variety.

Though, I wouldn't say no to them remaking each Die Hard properly.
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
3 years ago#6
Obviously, TC, you never played Die Hard Trilogy on the PSX.

It's easily one of the best games on the Playstation.
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
3 years ago#7
Was about to say Die Hard Trilogy, but I wont waste my time as everyone already said it
3 years ago#8
Trilogy was freakin awesome. I even used to play the game with the slo mo ability, and that Rat Level was pretty fun.
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
3 years ago#9
TC, have you ever considered how rare it is to find a good movie to game conversion anyway?

95% of all games based on movies are simply spectacularly lousy attempts to milk the movie franchise for more money.
3 years ago#10
Trilogy was good. Vedetta had its moments but overall was a complete disaster.
psn: bdawgtimes84
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Why hasn't there ever been a great Die Hard game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived