This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why hasn't there ever been a great Die Hard game?

#1GradyHooverPosted 2/13/2013 2:41:59 PM
The best is probably the Turbografx Die Hard title. Die Hard Arcade was... OK, I suppose, but it barely even qualifies. Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza gets a B+ for strong effort, but it botched the execution.

And what else are we left with? Die Hard on the NES? Die Hard Trilogy 1 and 2? Freakin' Vendetta?

This series deserves a proper game, because it's so video game-like in many ways to begin with. Let's say third-person cover-based shooter, because McClane is ALWAYS doing cover-based shooting.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#2PhaseSlaethePosted 2/13/2013 2:42:26 PM
Dead to Rights.

We're done here.
#3AsucaHayashiPosted 2/13/2013 2:55:06 PM
die hard trilogy was great and has an average of 86% on GR.

never tried 2 though... didn't even know there was a 2.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#4scythecamPosted 2/13/2013 2:55:46 PM
Die hard trilogy was solid.
---
One-and-Donecos
#5Jason_HudsonPosted 2/13/2013 3:02:43 PM
Die Hard Trilogy was great. 3rd person, first person and vehicle games. Great variety.

Though, I wouldn't say no to them remaking each Die Hard properly.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest Black Ops 2 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#6William_18Posted 2/13/2013 3:03:19 PM
Obviously, TC, you never played Die Hard Trilogy on the PSX.

It's easily one of the best games on the Playstation.
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#7Viewtiful_JonPosted 2/13/2013 3:04:48 PM
Was about to say Die Hard Trilogy, but I wont waste my time as everyone already said it
#8SoliquidusPosted 2/13/2013 3:10:16 PM
Trilogy was freakin awesome. I even used to play the game with the slo mo ability, and that Rat Level was pretty fun.
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#9AstroshakPosted 2/13/2013 3:16:29 PM
TC, have you ever considered how rare it is to find a good movie to game conversion anyway?

95% of all games based on movies are simply spectacularly lousy attempts to milk the movie franchise for more money.
#10brycemorrPosted 2/13/2013 3:17:56 PM
Trilogy was good. Vedetta had its moments but overall was a complete disaster.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84