This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sorcery destroys all difficultly in Dark Souls *potential spoilers

#1NeoSioTypePosted 2/13/2013 4:04:23 PM
Some of the hardest bosses I've ever played against fell like a joke.

On my first play through with a sword and shield I spent what felt like days trying to defeat Ornstein and Smough and well as Gywn. Gwyn was so hard for me I quit the game and beat it months later.

I did a brand new play through with a sorcery build and took them all out on my first try.
#2velvet_hammerPosted 2/13/2013 4:07:20 PM
l;ol
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#3AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/13/2013 4:11:54 PM
NeoSioType posted...
Some of the hardest bosses I've ever played against fell like a joke.

On my first play through with a sword and shield I spent what felt like days trying to defeat Ornstein and Smough and well as Gywn. Gwyn was so hard for me I quit the game and beat it months later.

I did a brand new play through with a sorcery build and took them all out on my first try.

Dark Souls is easier with patches, 1.5 made it easier, I don't know if 1.6 brought it back to normal though or not.
#4ORANGE666Posted 2/13/2013 4:23:33 PM
I got to the hydra with no masterkey without dieing a single time on my first play through and the DS board threw a hissy fit. The game is not as hard as people make it out to be if you know which area to go next
---
Posted using GameFlux Android App
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrelte.gameflux
#5NeoSioType(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 4:24:17 PM
I most likely was playing on the easy patch the entire time.

On my first playthrough I reworked all my gear and abused iron flesh to win because I couldn't parry.

On my sorcery run I did an entirely pure build and used all the spell augmentation equipment that I had available.
#6toadiemanPosted 2/13/2013 4:25:21 PM
Arrows destroy Demon's Souls difficulty.
---
PSN: toadieman
#7DucePosted 2/13/2013 4:25:21 PM
Demon's/Dark Souls have some of the most laughable exploits/glitches I have ever seen in any game. Duping items, stupid AI that enemies kill themselves, killing bosses outside the fog gate or getting them stuck on walls is sure real hard.
#8AwesomePS3gamerPosted 2/14/2013 8:28:28 AM
Duce posted...
Demon's/Dark Souls have some of the most laughable exploits/glitches I have ever seen in any game. Duping items, stupid AI that enemies kill themselves, killing bosses outside the fog gate or getting them stuck on walls is sure real hard.

Why do you use them, then? Can't you beat the game(s) like a normal gamer without exploiting? Also, pretty much everything got fixed in the patches.
#9LightningSkyPosted 2/14/2013 8:40:28 AM
Sorcery is pretty powerful but it doesn't make much of a difference when you know what you're doing. Also, Gwyn was the easiest boss in the game.
#10L0ZPosted 2/14/2013 8:43:04 AM
It is because the AI doesn't roll out of the way.
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]