This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just played the Metal Gear Rising demo...

#1theofficefan99Posted 2/13/2013 4:22:14 PM
Let me be frank: I didn't enjoy it.

In terms of story, the dialogue is absolutely horrendous. Raiden and the black guy in particular have far too many cheesy lines and all of the gestures from the black guy are annoyingly over-animated. All of the people Raiden are working with have forced and unlikable personalities and it's just trash to me. Story won't be what I'd buy this for.

In terms of gameplay, the slow-motion cutting feels awkward and clunky, and I can see pressing circle to get the left arms of all the cyborgs getting old quickly. It doesn't seem like there's much depth to this game at all; it'll just be mindless hacking and slashing. It had bits of fun here and there, but the slow-motion cutting just kills it for me. I feel like it wasn't developed well enough and it needed more time.

The music is also just generic guitar riffs, nothing special at all.

I was unimpressed. I've never played a Metal Gear game, but I sure hope they're not as bad as this. I'll be skipping this.

Anyone else agree with me, or am I alone here?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2DemiFistPosted 2/13/2013 4:24:10 PM
I agree, however I am still buying it.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#3DantechanPosted 2/13/2013 4:24:24 PM
no one cares
#4theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 4:25:03 PM
Dantechan posted...
no one cares

I asked in the end if someone agrees with me or if I'm alone. That's why I made this topic. If you don't care, I couldn't care less.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#5theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 4:25:19 PM
DemiFist posted...
I agree, however I am still buying it.

Why? 0_o
---
#6megamaticsPosted 2/13/2013 4:25:28 PM
I disagree there are more weapons and ways to tackle the combat other then mindlessly hacking at everything.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#7Crimson SkysPosted 2/13/2013 4:27:21 PM
The first time I played it I thought the gameplay was just mindless hack and slash gameplay, but after playing it two or three more times I realized it wasn't. It's the kind of game where you can mindlessly hack and slash but you wont get very far if you do.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#8warrenmatsPosted 2/13/2013 4:27:29 PM
I think it was great.

the dodging is kinda useless though.
---
:D
#9RyuuHou25Posted 2/13/2013 4:27:42 PM
Most games of this type have overly repetitive gameplay and all of that, which doesn't have an overly great amount of depth. Most games that people claim has depth and what not, things like DMC and all of that.......I usually just kind of put my hand to my head and shake it.

I quite enjoy the slow motion cutting, I know it will get tiring after awhile of constantly doing it though and loses the "ooooo" factor after the first few times. Slow motion has not been something they've been able to really get right in video games in terms of having it be something you don't get tired of quickly.

But other than that, the game looks awesome to me and I can't wait to play through it. I don't understand this issue with the characters personalities or anything, anything and everything in this day and age can be considered cliche and it just annoys me to no end when people use that word or infer it anymore.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#10theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 4:28:08 PM
Crimson Skys posted...
The first time I played it I thought the gameplay was just mindless hack and slash gameplay, but after playing it two or three more times I realized it wasn't. It's the kind of game where you can mindlessly hack and slash but you wont get very far if you do.

I had a feeling that there's more to it than that, but I still don't like the mechanics; I didn't have fun.
---