This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just played the Metal Gear Rising demo...

#51CammyApplePosted 2/13/2013 6:05:52 PM
As I said, Wolfenstein before DOOM. I covered that in case you felt platform was irrelevant.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#52velvet_hammerPosted 2/13/2013 6:09:02 PM
killak posted...
doom lead to other games that lead to others etc etc etc... It starts here, dont really care what fantasy land you wanna believe.. and shooters where very popular before this gen

The ability to aim up and down, is more thanks to games like Heretic and Hexen.

You don't just look at the roots of something, when referring to the current state of it.

We don't thank nintendo for the dual analogue controller, despite pretty much everything done by sony being inspired by Nintendo.

And wolfenstein is where FPS's got recognised.

it was both

"Doom was played by an estimated 10 million people within two years of its release, popularizing the mode of gameplay " from Doom wiki

Wolfenstien helped inspire Doom though..
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#53IKnowGameFuPosted 2/13/2013 6:28:12 PM
I don't like the slow mo cutting mechanic but I did enjoy the boss fight in the demo. I almost wish they did it like Max Payne where things just slow down around you and you still have your mobility. I didn't like how it zooms in and you lose your peripheral vision.
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV
#54ukokira1Posted 2/13/2013 6:36:34 PM(edited)
theofficefan99 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
totally disagree with TC and your a lil late bub.... Game is awesome thanks for sharing your terrible opinion, and never played a MGS game? again thanks for the laughs..

It's not like playing other MGS games is required for critiquing a demo. Give me a break. And I'm not trying to be "early," the point of this topic was to give my impressions of the demo and to see if anyone else agrees with me. I don't care if you disagree with my "terrible " opinion, since you yourself are a terrible poster with laughable arguments that never hold any water.

Did you even try to utilize combos in the demo? If any of other P* Developed games are to go by the game will kick your ass if you you just go in mindlessy hacking and slashing by the 1st boss and on an don harder difficulties. Also several enemies were cut from this section and the difficulty was lowered for it to be accesible.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#55killakPosted 2/13/2013 8:02:05 PM
it was both

"Doom was played by an estimated 10 million people within two years of its release, popularizing the mode of gameplay " from Doom wiki

Wolfenstien helped inspire Doom though..

So Nintendo are responsible for the dual shock controller?
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#56SightoPosted 2/13/2013 11:20:37 PM(edited)
theofficefan99 posted...
I asked in the end if someone agrees with me or if I'm alone. That's why I made this topic.

It's the internet. You wouldn't be alone even if it was proposing something like destroying the planet.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif