This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Defiance Game/Show Tie In

#1brycemorrPosted 2/13/2013 4:34:29 PM
Has anyone heard on how the game and the show are supposed to be going together?

Do you play part of the game watch an episode play some more?

From what I understand is that all the actors in the show are providing their voices for the game.

Seems like a big task for SYFY to be doing. Both the show and game look good.
---
psn: bdawgtimes84
#2brycemorr(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:03:54 PM
Bump
---
#3AstroshakPosted 2/14/2013 2:38:20 PM
I don't expect much.

I expect them to be only loosely tied together. Either you get to play missions based upon episodes of the TV show, or you get to play missions that the characters in the show reference but are not actually shown on the TV.

For example, the TV show may show three characters having to assault some base to rescue a fourth. That might be something that the game's developer would put in so that you could see how you would fare in that fight.

Alternatively, the show may be based in Chicago, but you're carrying out missions down in New Orleans. The results of the mission (successful or unsuccessful) would be referenced by the show, perhaps as flashbacks or something. But it would not be something that the show would spend a lot of time on.

I could see either one happening. I'm not really intersted in shooters though, so while I may decide to watch the show, I'm not going to get the game.
#4antoinejonesPosted 2/14/2013 2:48:50 PM
things you do in the game effects what happensin the show and vice versa... for example when you finish the first line of missions in the game (which comes out a week before the show) one of the characters you do missions with leaves at the end of the missions, and when the episode starts that same character that left in the game drive sup (in the same car) to the area the show takes place in. SO you have background info and more on the main character in the tv shows storyline BEFORE the show start.. so the game kinda acts as a prologue to the first episode.

Another example is the main characters daughter in the shoe leave the show midseason and when she comes back episodes later her character and personality has changed.. if you just watched the show youll know she changed but you dont know why or what happened to cause it whereas if you play the game you see that when she leaves on the show she ends up in the game and you do missions and stuff with her and get the experience first hand what she wen through and what caused her to change so when she leaves the game and goes back to the show you know why she changed and everything that happened.

Lastly there another part in the show where a scientists sends ppl out to get supplies or something for an upcoming fight on the show... after that episode you find out the ppl she sent to get those supplies are your characters from the game.. so that whole week while youre out gathering supplies depending on if you all gather enough on the game will determine if the "resistance" wins the fight or not in the next episode of the show.
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#5brycemorr(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 3:00:43 PM
Sounds like youve been working on the show/game there. Now thats sounds like its going to be an interesting experience of the show and the game tie in quite nicely.
---
#6OhGoodPosted 2/14/2013 3:11:56 PM
After i played in the beta, I could care less about how the game and show are connected. the gameplay is very good and speaks for itself. I had zero interest in this game, but after playing it I was extremely impressed.

here is some gameplay I recorded if you want to check it out. I found an awesome assault rifle that shoots acid coated bullets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zWgaNef20c

audio gets a little choppy. blame FRAPS
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
PSN - Ohgood