This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 XMB loading icons slow (Anyone else have this?)

#1Ron1989Posted 2/13/2013 5:26:35 PM
Okay so I went on my PS3 just awhile ago and when I highlighted the whats new, tv video services, and PSN store icons under games and video, they were loading slow. I tried turning it on and off, didn't do anything.

Finally I decided to unplug my ps3 for 1:30 mins and when I turned it on it seemed to fix it. However after a little bit I notice that some of them wouldn't load at all.

So my concern is that is this an internet issue, or are others experiencing this too?
#2SDFan18Posted 2/13/2013 5:29:22 PM
Could be an internet issue. You can try going into the service menu and rebuilding the database to see if that helps.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#3Ron1989(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 5:34:51 PM(edited)
SDFan18 posted...
Could be an internet issue. You can try going into the service menu and rebuilding the database to see if that helps.

i did that back in october. normally it takes 1-2secs to load icons from the internet on my PS3, but now it was taking like 6-9 or not load at all
#4Ron1989(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 8:11:45 PM
Okay so after I power cycled my modem and router that seemed to fix it. Comcast did give me some trouble yesterday, so yeah it could have been them.
#5Ron1989(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:15:52 PM
Okay this is still going on but it happens randomly. I did rebuild database to see if it would help and I can't tell if it did.

This isn't the first time this has happened, I think last time was around September, But yeah this didn't start happening till Wednesday after the store did its update.SO yeah maybe its a Sony issue. Anyone else have an idea?