This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 XMB loading icons slow (Anyone else have this?)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 XMB loading icons slow (Anyone else have this?)

User Info: Ron1989

Ron1989
4 years ago#1
Okay so I went on my PS3 just awhile ago and when I highlighted the whats new, tv video services, and PSN store icons under games and video, they were loading slow. I tried turning it on and off, didn't do anything.

Finally I decided to unplug my ps3 for 1:30 mins and when I turned it on it seemed to fix it. However after a little bit I notice that some of them wouldn't load at all.

So my concern is that is this an internet issue, or are others experiencing this too?

User Info: SDFan18

SDFan18
4 years ago#2
Could be an internet issue. You can try going into the service menu and rebuilding the database to see if that helps.
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86

Ron1989
4 years ago#3
SDFan18 posted...
Could be an internet issue. You can try going into the service menu and rebuilding the database to see if that helps.

i did that back in october. normally it takes 1-2secs to load icons from the internet on my PS3, but now it was taking like 6-9 or not load at all

Ron1989
4 years ago#4
Okay so after I power cycled my modem and router that seemed to fix it. Comcast did give me some trouble yesterday, so yeah it could have been them.

Ron1989
4 years ago#5
Okay this is still going on but it happens randomly. I did rebuild database to see if it would help and I can't tell if it did.

This isn't the first time this has happened, I think last time was around September, But yeah this didn't start happening till Wednesday after the store did its update.SO yeah maybe its a Sony issue. Anyone else have an idea?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 XMB loading icons slow (Anyone else have this?)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived