This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How exactly do people acquire games early and upload to youtube without cost?

#11nintendogamer13Posted 2/13/2013 10:57:02 PM
yeah shops in inner cities dont give a fu about release dates. Its great!
---
Now playing: FFVII, Persona 3FES, Torchlight 2, witcher 2
#12badboyPosted 2/13/2013 11:36:55 PM
Game shops don't follow the official release dates where I live. They sell the games once they receive the shipments.
#13awesomesauce13Posted 2/14/2013 1:39:22 AM
It's the same with any shop really. I work at McDonalds at the moment, and whenever there's a new burger or some kind of promotion or whatever, we have the stuff for it in at least a few days before we start selling/running it
#14rakashuPosted 2/14/2013 2:10:11 AM
an old high school friend of mine owns a "game" store (he sells video games, traditional games, etc.) and he generally receives them about a week before release date, some times earlier, as well as any promotional material he might want to include.

This is done mostly for the basis of pre-orders. So he'll get the pre-order amounts in, as well as some additional for any new pre-orders that might come in, and depending on how popular the game might be he'll order based off of that.

So for a popular game like Call of Duty or something, he might get something like a 150 pre-orders. He'll probably end up picking up another 10 additional copies for any extra pre-orders that might come through during the week he's holding them, and another 50 or more copies to just sell in the store. So all together about 210.

that's for a popular game though; things which might not be very popular might only be available based off of a pre-order basis, or he might just order a handful of copies.

Same thing for any of the traditional game stuff, but with even less amount of numbers (due mostly again to popularity).

Any way, if he wanted to he could very well pick up one of the games and play it him self, but he needs to be careful with it I guess or he could potentially get in trouble. So maybe the other people don't care or have been given permission to upload it to Youtube.
---
Kid didn't know what to put in his signature; didn't think it would be this hard. So he just typed some stuff, and kept typing till there wasn't any space left.
#15Terry-bogardPosted 2/14/2013 2:21:07 AM
Games I buy online (US games mostly) are sent to me 10 days before release usually , when I go at my regular good old store I can sometimes get them a week before release.
---
Videogame cancer : Perpetual easy mode (AKA USA syndrome), word "main" in fighting games.
#16Seifer_usPosted 2/14/2013 2:32:44 AM
Yeah, lots of places seem to be perfectly okay with breaking street date. I personally think it's a load of bull**** and that store owners who do it should be drug out into the street and shot. It's not only unfair to people who have been waiting patiently for the release date, but also to the honest retailers who lose customers to businesses that cheat the date to get ahead.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#17Saintman32190(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 3:30:11 AM
aPimp_named_leE posted...
Saintman32190 posted...
joshuadj posted...
, or just ridiculously easy to get games a week early in NYC, where I live...

Really?

either mom and pop shops or Chinatown... god bless chinatown <3

This. EASILY. I could have MGR:R right now if I wanted to.

I lived in NY for 16 years. You're telling me I could have just went to china town and picked up the game myself much earlier?! Without even worrying about gamestops stupid ESRB at the game?

God dammit for living in NC now.

But really.. I didn't know they did that. at worst, maybe 2-3 days b4 release.
#18Saintman32190(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 3:31:59 AM
Terry-bogard posted...
Games I buy online (US games mostly) are sent to me 10 days before release usually ,

What online store is that?
#19Excuse_MePosted 2/14/2013 12:42:36 PM
Terry-bogard posted...
Games I buy online (US games mostly) are sent to me 10 days before release usually .

lucky *****.
#20Terry-bogardPosted 2/14/2013 10:29:32 PM
Saintman32190 posted...
Terry-bogard posted...
Games I buy online (US games mostly) are sent to me 10 days before release usually ,

What online store is that?

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/
---
Videogame cancer : Perpetual easy mode (AKA USA syndrome), word "main" in fighting games.