This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How exactly do people acquire games early and upload to youtube without cost?

#21Fossil_basicPosted 2/15/2013 1:30:45 AM
Seifer_us posted...
Yeah, lots of places seem to be perfectly okay with breaking street date. I personally think it's a load of bull**** and that store owners who do it should be drug out into the street and shot. It's not only unfair to people who have been waiting patiently for the release date, but also to the honest retailers who lose customers to businesses that cheat the date to get ahead.

You sure sound fun to hang out with.
#22KDogg1800Posted 2/15/2013 2:33:25 AM
Saintman32190 posted...
I lived in NY for 16 years. You're telling me I could have just went to china town and picked up the game myself much earlier?! Without even worrying about gamestops stupid ESRB at the game?

There is no way your a gamer and lived in NYC for 16 years and not know that some mom and pop shops sold games early. Were you living under a rock when you were here? If you are a regular and they know you they will sell it you early. Most of the folks in NYC aren't going to dime them out because they got the game early. Not to mention any fellow gamer that wants a early copy I'll let them know where to go. S**t I've went to Brooklyn(I'm in the Bronx) when I've heard a certain store is selling the game early.

Only people that live in the boondocks b***h about games releasing early because THEY can't get their hands on it early. I just say more power to that person if they that can get it before I can. I don't b***h and moan because someone can get it before me.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png
#23Saintman32190(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 5:21:51 AM(edited)
KDogg1800 posted...
Saintman32190 posted...
I lived in NY for 16 years. You're telling me I could have just went to china town and picked up the game myself much earlier?! Without even worrying about gamestops stupid ESRB at the game?

There is no way your a gamer and lived in NYC for 16 years and not know that some mom and pop shops sold games early. Were you living under a rock when you were here? If you are a regular and they know you they will sell it you early. Most of the folks in NYC aren't going to dime them out because they got the game early. Not to mention any fellow gamer that wants a early copy I'll let them know where to go. S**t I've went to Brooklyn(I'm in the Bronx) when I've heard a certain store is selling the game early.

Only people that live in the boondocks b***h about games releasing early because THEY can't get their hands on it early. I just say more power to that person if they that can get it before I can. I don't b***h and moan because someone can get it before me.

I lived close to Flashbush /Parkside ave in Brooklyn. There is literally only 1 real good game store i know of around there( obviously not gamestop)

It was a pretty cool store as they fixed my 60 GB BC PS3 for $100(DRE), had games exactly on the date when it released(places like gamestop I would have to wait a day after release to get it due to some pre order bs), sold PSP's that could be hacked(You know that they knew about the PSP hacking buisness as they would advertize the FW of it, which was clearly hackable) and even sold me M rated games, even though I was clearly below the age of 17.

With that said, I still never heard about getting games early at that point. Not even from buddies, though they never really talked about games that much. It could be because of my younger age and that I never did more research at the time to find out if they sold them early(and I wasn't into games as I am now), but yeah. I only saw the rest of any gamestores that were not gamestop, show or have their games atleast on the release date.
#24Saintman32190(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 5:24:30 AM
I mean the store I was just talking about could have sold games early too. I would just always go and get the game on the exact release date though. so that might be why too.
#25Seifer_usPosted 2/15/2013 5:55:42 PM
Fossil_basic posted...
Seifer_us posted...
Yeah, lots of places seem to be perfectly okay with breaking street date. I personally think it's a load of bull**** and that store owners who do it should be drug out into the street and shot. It's not only unfair to people who have been waiting patiently for the release date, but also to the honest retailers who lose customers to businesses that cheat the date to get ahead.

You sure sound fun to hang out with.

That's why it's always party central at my house. BYOB.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#26archizzyPosted 2/15/2013 6:00:15 PM
I live in Iowa and knew it was common for Mom and Pop stores in NYC to sell games early (especially Chinatown)

It is common everywhere for Mom and Pop stores to do it but NYC is very well known as being the mecca for getting games early.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#27janemba8888Posted 2/17/2013 7:51:48 AM
damn those new yorkers.
---
woosh
#28FebderpPosted 2/19/2013 12:44:33 AM
and what about other states like NC? Would most other gamestores that aren't gamestop, be willing to sell their games early?

hell i just recently seen 3 other youtubers immediately upload MGRR playthrough online. dont tell me these guys are all from NY....
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where for some reason it's ok to bash Americans continually without penalty