This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If everything else about FFXIII stayed the same...

#1nekrothingPosted 2/13/2013 7:02:00 PM
Would people be more forgiving if it wasn't called Final Fantasy and made by Square Enix?
#2echa_OnePosted 2/13/2013 7:06:14 PM
I love FFXIII.
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
#3theofficefan99Posted 2/13/2013 7:08:10 PM
I swear to God, there are topics about FFXIII every day even 3 years after its release. It's getting ridiculous at this point.

The reception would be better (though it's not like people rating it a 5/10 now would be giving it a 10/10 just because it isn't FF anymore), and the sales would be much worse.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4ryouma17Posted 2/13/2013 7:09:32 PM
echa_One posted...
I love FFXIII.

same
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011
#5AlltraPosted 2/13/2013 7:10:18 PM
It's not really gonna change my opinion of the game. The only that might do is shut everyone up about it, because it would just another low quality no-name RPG that nobody gives a crap about.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#6nekrothing(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 7:15:04 PM
ryouma17 posted...
echa_One posted...
I love FFXIII.

same

Doesn't really answer the question. Regardless of how you feel about the game, do you think people would receive it better if it wasn't called Final Fantasy and made by Square Enix? Assuming everything else stayed the same.
#7majin nemesisPosted 2/13/2013 7:25:18 PM
nekrothing posted...
ryouma17 posted...
echa_One posted...
I love FFXIII.

same

Doesn't really answer the question. Regardless of how you feel about the game, do you think people would receive it better if it wasn't called Final Fantasy and made by Square Enix? Assuming everything else stayed the same.

but it was well received it had good reviews and sold about 7 million copies
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#8ryouma17Posted 2/13/2013 7:28:05 PM
nekrothing posted...
ryouma17 posted...
echa_One posted...
I love FFXIII.

same

maybe who knows, final fantasy is popular and with popularity comes haters who have nothing better then to hate on a game they've never played just cause its popular and are basing their opinions on what other people tell them.

if this wasnt a FF game, or even done by square then i have no clue what people would think, there'd still be haters, we live in the age of hate, there isnt a single thing people dont complain about these days even if they like something they still cry and complain yet still play/watch the very thing they are hating on. regardless of other peoples opinion i found FF13 to be a great game very good story, and likable characters (all except hope i cant stand him)
---
Ronnie O'Neal McLendon
08/09/1960 - 11/16/2011