This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jak,sly, ratchet, sonic or any other platformer you can recommend based on my

#1JRPGPosted 2/13/2013 7:08:55 PM
Well my first platformers were megaman, Mario and oter classic 2d games on the nes. Then moved on to Mickey mouse on the megadrive and snes and sonic. Psx I loved ape escape the while gadgets and levels were fun. I also loved Rayman 1, gex 3d and the crash games. I couldn't get fully into Rayman 2/3 don't know why. Loved braid on the ps3...amazing platforming puzzles.

I am wanting some good ps3 platformers even if they are HD remakes. I loved sonic adventure for some reason it wa a lot of fun.

I am eyeing jak and dexter cause I love the grass scenery and stages but the whole mechanical and shooting I'm not sure about. Same thing for ratchet...looks like shooting and lots of mechanical stages. Played a demo for ratchet and didn't have any interest in purchasing but it may have been the worst one? While the others are good?

Sly has caught my eye too since it looks like fun. The trilogy is cheap so wanting to maybe get that...but I like the idea of just downloading the new one first since it is available on my vita. The idea of each character having different abilities varies the gameplay.

I also see jak or dexter are on psp which are vita compatible.

Any other games you can recommend for vita/ps3

Thanks.
---
PSN: Joerpg84
3DS: 2621-2720-6163
#2Crimson SkysPosted 2/13/2013 7:11:21 PM
Out of the games you listed the R&C series is the best one.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#3ukokira1Posted 2/13/2013 7:39:31 PM
RAYMAN ORIGIN! Btw the Vita Version is the best in terms of content and gameplay but the PS3 version has co-op.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#4Coutts2Posted 2/13/2013 7:49:55 PM
Check out Outland, I believe there is a demo for it.
---
PSN: Geoff-C-
#5JoveHackPosted 2/13/2013 8:11:26 PM(edited)
I'm not sure what you mean by mechanical.

Which Ratchet demo did you play?

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy and Ratchet and Clank 1 are much more classic platforming than the later games.

The Ratchet and Clank games developed on the PS3 I'm not sure what to say about them. They pulled the camera back a long way to show all the design and detail, but kind of lost sight of Ratchet.

Jak 2 particularly seemed to turn into run&gun, to the point that I quit it very early and sold it back to GameStop. Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando is one of my top three games, for everything, but the platforming is a small part of that. It's got great gadgets, better weapons, imagination, variety, music, humor, etc.

Sly Cooper and the Thievous Raccoonus platforming/action-adventure, for lack of a better term. Some gadgets, but they're okay. Some stealth, too, which I liked. A few crazy hard mini-games, which I really ldid not like.

If you could just get the first game in each series, or find a way to play them, that might be ideal. Getting a PS2 and the first game per series might not be a bad idea, to let you know what you like. That would also let you get Vexx, which sounds ideal for you.

You might try Psychonauts. It's another of my top three games.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#6Stanger5150Posted 2/13/2013 8:04:47 PM
I recommend Sly. Play the original trilogy before you play Sly 4 though. Sly 3's story is important to the plot of Sly 4.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Sly 4, Alice: Madness Returns, The Jungle Book, Mega Man X Collection, Super Mario Galaxy, Far Cry 3, Shatterhand
#7JRPG(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 8:28:21 PM
Thanks for all the input :)

Loved Rayman origins! Might also get it for ps vita for portability.
Outlands is great too cause I love bullet hell.

Just got the sly trilogy...waiting for it to download.

Yeah jak 1 looks great...love te green grassy area from pics. Reminds me of the classic platformers.

Just played rather and clank qforce demo and the beginning is in a space area. It just feels mechanical. The areas. I miss grasslands, ice areas, volcanic or forests type levels. Like the original platformers.

Love the idea of gadgets though so maybe the rather and clank s are better? Going to download all4one demo too.
---
#8Crimson SkysPosted 2/13/2013 10:25:34 PM(edited)
JRPG posted...

Yeah jak 1 looks great...love te green grassy area from pics. Reminds me of the classic platformers.

Just played rather and clank qforce demo and the beginning is in a space area. It just feels mechanical. The areas. I miss grasslands, ice areas, volcanic or forests type levels. Like the original platformers.

Love the idea of gadgets though so maybe the rather and clank s are better? Going to download all4one demo too.

Full Frontal Assault and All4One are average compared to the original trilogy that's included in the HD collection, and even the Future games. Playing those demos wont give you an idea of how good the originals were at all. Just buy the HD collection, trust me, I've played all the games you listed and it's worth it.
---
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
#9JRPG(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 12:11:10 AM
Crimson Skys posted...
JRPG posted...

Full Frontal Assault and All4One are average compared to the original trilogy that's included in the HD collection, and even the Future games. Playing those demos wont give you an idea of how good the originals were at all. Just buy the HD collection, trust me, I've played all the games you listed and it's worth it.

I absolutely love Sly 1...its great fun...reminds me of crash with the linear parths but some 3d. And all the collectables and sprint runs which are extremely difficult.

Jak 1 is also classic, reminds me of the old games I used to play like ape escape.

I am going to try Vexx.

So you think I should just get Ratchet and clank even though I cant stand the ps3 demos? I will wait till I see it for a good price...I already have a lot of games to play but will def get it later on.
---
#10spike17spiegelPosted 2/15/2013 12:16:03 AM
Jak and sly trilogy's are some of the best platformers IMO. Daxter is awesome too, for psp.
---
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."