This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jak,sly, ratchet, sonic or any other platformer you can recommend based on my

#11Eric037Posted 2/15/2013 4:03:18 AM
I had a lot of fun with Alice: Madness Returns. It might be darker than what you're looking for in a platformer though, and there's more action combat than other cartoony platformers. I don't mean there's more combat than platforming, just more combat than you may expect in a platformer. There's still a lot of jumping around, collectables, hidden items, and some mini games.
---
http://eric-3.deviantart.com/
http://backloggery.com/eric3
#12gwabashnubaPosted 2/15/2013 4:15:10 AM
"A few crazy hard mini-games" By crazy hard what exactly do you mean?Because i don't really consider the bently hacking minigames to be "crazy hard".
---
PS:P2 Character Name: Kracer Lvl 113 Va Lvl 20 Hu Lvl 6
"The space cash was worth what you as a planet decided it was worth."
#13gwabashnubaPosted 2/15/2013 4:19:35 AM
Alice madness returns is good.Idk if you would like it or not theres a lot of combat in it but it has a lot more platforming in it than most 3D platformers usually do.Also has a lot of strange and different looking areas in the game.Because you play as alice and go into wonderland n stuff.
---
PS:P2 Character Name: Kracer Lvl 113 Va Lvl 20 Hu Lvl 6
"The space cash was worth what you as a planet decided it was worth."
#14JRPG(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:37:42 AM
spike17spiegel posted...
Jak and sly trilogy's are some of the best platformers IMO. Daxter is awesome too, for psp.

I will look up dexter! I agree I am having a blast with these games.

I have Alice and the whole intro was intense! Great game too.

Does anyone else find the fishing in Jak 1 to be a bit crazy? I got to 195 pounds of fish :(.

The crabs getting the chest in sly 1 was quite challenging too...maybe I am losing my touch in video games haha. I managed to beat the crab one but the fishing in jak has me stuck.
---
PSN: Joerpg84
3DS: 2621-2720-6163
#15pecorrePosted 2/15/2013 6:40:26 AM
Sly Trilogy and/or Thieves in Time
Rayman Origins

If you are not sure about the shooting, stay away from Jak and Ratchet. But if you want to try those games, buy the two Ratchet games (tools of destruction, a crack in time) on the PS3, they are better than any games in the Jak series.
#16JoveHackPosted 2/15/2013 7:11:34 AM
JRPG posted...
Just played rather and clank qforce demo and the beginning is in a space area. It just feels mechanical. The areas. I miss grasslands, ice areas, volcanic or forests type levels. Like the original platformers.

QForce, aka Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault isn't much of a Ratchet and Clank game. As Crimson Skys says, don't judge any of the others by it.

There are some great levels in R&C1 and R&C2.

Love the idea of gadgets though so maybe the rather and clank s are better? Going to download all4one demo too.

The early Ratchet and Clank games had great gadgets, and great weapons, too. So different from the usual "pistol, shotgun, rifle" approach.

gwabashnuba posted...
"A few crazy hard mini-games" By crazy hard what exactly do you mean?Because i don't really consider the bently hacking minigames to be "crazy hard".

The crabs getting the chest is one that's crazy hard. Note that JRPG is having trouble with it already.

JRPG posted...
Does anyone else find the fishing in Jak 1 to be a bit crazy? I got to 195 pounds of fish :(.

It's generally agreed that the fishing minigame is stupidly hard for no reason. There are youtube videos of people failing at it, too.

In general, the answer is patience and practice. Eventually your fingers will learn how to make each move as you gradually memorize the whole sequence.

I usually skip it on replays. It's just not worth the stress, even though I really like Misty Island which it unlocks.

The crabs getting the chest in sly 1 was quite challenging too...maybe I am losing my touch in video games haha. I managed to beat the crab one but the fishing in jak has me stuck.

That's part of what I meant by "crazy hard mini-games". That one was a pain, especially considering it's not part of the main game. You can't beat it with stealth or better gadgets. I didn't sign up for this type of game play, so it should at least be playable. In fact, it should be easy so as it's taking a break from main gameplay.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#17Eric037Posted 2/15/2013 7:57:01 PM
Forgot to mention, if you're willing to get some PS1 Classics on PSN then I can also recommend Jumping Flash 2, Klonoa, Spyro: Year of the Dragon, and Tomba!
---
http://eric-3.deviantart.com/
http://backloggery.com/eric3
#18califortunefadePosted 2/15/2013 10:17:26 PM
Sonic Generations is a very good platformer.
---
The moon is glued to a picture of heaven
and all the little pigs have God.
#19smelly_boobPosted 2/16/2013 12:32:10 AM
jak and daxter collction is 17 on amazon.... you get 3 HD remakes... im playing my way through them for the first time right now and I highly recommend them.

actually any of the hd remake collections are excellent choices and are great bang for your $$$
#20JRPG(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 10:06:30 AM
JoveHack posted...
JRPG posted...
Just played rather and clank qforce demo and the beginning is in a space area. It just feels mechanical. The areas. I miss grasslands, ice areas, volcanic or forests type levels. Like the original platformers.

QForce, aka Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault isn't much of a Ratchet and Clank game. As Crimson Skys says, don't judge any of

gwabashnuba posted...

The crabs getting the chest is one that's crazy hard. Note that JRPG is having trouble with it already.

JRPG posted...

It's generally agreed that the fishing minigame is stupidly hard for no reason. There are youtube videos of people failing at it, too.

In general, the answer is patience and practice. Eventually your fingers will learn how to make each move as you gradually memorize the whole sequence.

I usually skip it on replays. It's just not worth the stress, even though I really like Misty Island which it unlocks.

That's part of what I meant by "crazy hard mini-games". That one was a pain, especially considering it's not part of the main game. You can't beat it with stealth or better gadgets. I didn't sign up for this type of game play, so it should at least be playable. In fact, it should be easy so as it's taking a break from main gameplay.

I have to agree that mini game was very challenging...to the point I don't know how I managed to scrape by lol. It should have been easier since it is in the first world and it isn't platforming but am stoked to pass it. The master sprints seem impossible so far lol

I am keen to try sonic generations!! Another to add.

And I love tomba 1. Such a classic :)

I'm having a blast with sly and jak ATM. Blast from the past feeling.
---
PSN: Joerpg84
3DS: 2621-2720-6163