This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So the gearbox honeymoon period seems to be over... But why did it start?....

#1ajzootPosted 2/13/2013 8:46:57 PM
Because of borderlands 1/2? I can't single out any specific details about brothers in arms... Are they awesome? I know it's not because of Duke Nukem...
---
They say cooking is about experimenting, but no matter how many drugs I take it still tastes like crap...It needs more LSD, It doesn't taste loud enough yet.
#2OrangeSchweesePosted 2/13/2013 8:49:16 PM
Yes, Borderlands.

CM wasn't entirely Gearbox's fault, so most haven't fallen out of love with them yet.
#3ajzoot(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 8:51:27 PM
So Borderlands was a pretty good game.... Borderlands 2 wasn't really better...

Seems easier to just give credit to borderlands for being ok... Rather claim gearbox is out there performing magic.
---
They say cooking is about experimenting, but no matter how many drugs I take it still tastes like crap...It needs more LSD, It doesn't taste loud enough yet.
#4Draconas_LyrrPosted 2/13/2013 8:53:48 PM
Well..Borderlands 1/2 are my favorite games this gen..
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#5Merc123Posted 2/13/2013 8:55:49 PM
Borderlands was great and Borderlands 2 was even better, both are fantastic games, they just don't appeal to some, but they are successful.

Gearbox however is a one hit wonder, hardly a triple A developer.
#6zerooo0Posted 2/13/2013 8:57:13 PM
ajzoot posted...
So Borderlands was a pretty good game.... Borderlands 2 wasn't really better

Okay, disagree with you on that one.

I'm guessing it's cool to hate on Gearbox now though.
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#7spectermaster14Posted 2/13/2013 8:59:10 PM
I'm not sure people are actually familiar with Gearbox, they did good stuff before Borderlands. Their Half-Life expansions and the PS2 port were good, the Brother in Arms games were good. Not sure how Aliens is, hasn't played it myself and refuse to judge, but if their situation was anything like DNF's, it's not entirely their fault.
#8ajzoot(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 9:12:44 PM
For what it's worth I do think borderlands is better than OK... Or even pretty good... It had it's faults but it's still on a short list of favorite games this generation. Might be a personal issue but I didn't find much improvement in B2... Infact the most noticeable change was I spent significantly longer shooting from second wind if I ever attempted to go solo for any length of time. I don't think it was much of a step forwards.

zerooo0 posted...
ajzoot posted...
So Borderlands was a pretty good game.... Borderlands 2 wasn't really better

Okay, disagree with you on that one.

I'm guessing it's cool to hate on Gearbox now though.

It's not cool to hate on them. But if you make something terrible, then put it on the street with your name on it people are going ask questions.
---
#9FiendingHardPosted 2/13/2013 9:16:17 PM
OrangeSchweese posted...
CM wasn't entirely Gearbox's fault, so most haven't fallen out of love with them yet.

No, it was entirely their fault. They kept putting it off for 6 years and instead of working on it themselves they outsourced it to a crappy studio so they could keep focusing on Borderlands. When the threat of getting sued by Sega was imminent, they rushed out the garbage which has been getting disgraced for the past couple of days.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Far Cry 3, Anarchy Reigns, Final Fantasy 9.
#10Jon_GodPosted 2/13/2013 9:26:07 PM
Borderlands 1/2 were some of my favorite games this generation.

DNF and A:CM had the same development issues, and if anything, it will teach GB not to trust other developers on multiyear projects, especially if they aren't trustworthy developers.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/