This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I see Platinum games made Anarchy Reigns so how is it?

#1XNo_FearXPosted 2/13/2013 11:23:15 PM
Since they make really good games is AR any good?
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
Playing: Dead Space 3, Mass Effect 3 and Team Fortress 2
#2jubjub360Posted 2/13/2013 11:28:35 PM
It's their worst one.

Seriously even the Platinum fanboys would agree.
---
I am the TRUE Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
~Number of trolls owned:5~ ~ Number of fans:11~
#3FiendingHardPosted 2/13/2013 11:29:57 PM
Its an awesome beat em up and a great tribute to the beatemups of the years gone by. Don't go into it expecting deep combat similar to Bayonetta or DMC, instead go in expecting simple yet highly satisfying gameplay.

Campaign is broken up into two halves, one for Jack and the other for Leo. Can be beaten in about 5 hours but you will want to play again for the highly entertaining cutscenes and fun challenges.

Online multiplayer is jampacked with lots of modes, from the basics like Team Deatchmatch/CTF to some creative stuff like a soccer match which is a blast. There is also a survival mode which is really 10 waves.

Overall there are 15+ characters to pick from who all have similar combos but unique animations, properties, and strengths/weaknesses. The soundtrack is also amazing and really gets you pumped. Completely worth it for $30 if you go in knowing all that. Its more of a beat em up, not a hack n slash so the combat won't be as complicated as Bayonetta.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Far Cry 3, Anarchy Reigns, Final Fantasy 9.
#4dj___rollPosted 2/13/2013 11:34:14 PM
Quote:It's their worst one.

@jubjub360
Yup. That would be a fair statement. Both Vanquish and Bayonetta destroy it in terms of quality. It's okay. Gameplay is as simplistic as the graphics. I had higher hopes for it.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#5ukokira1Posted 2/13/2013 11:36:11 PM
jubjub360 posted...
It's their worst one.

This. Although the multiplayer is fun with Bayonetta.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#6Faceman_Posted 2/13/2013 11:36:43 PM
I like it. Helluva lot of fun online with friends. Also, Bayonetta! :D
#7Dicer7Posted 2/13/2013 11:36:57 PM
jubjub360 posted...
It's their worst one.

I agree (not a fanboy though). The single player campaign is a joke. I can't believe somebody actually put an effort into that. The game is obviously built around it's multiplayer, though, which seems promising enough but due to a small community (Sega's fault for releasing the game 6 months after the JP release), bad lag/hosts and questionable game mechanics it's just not an overall fun experience. It sucks because I really wanted this game to catch on because the multiplayer is so unique.
#8RoachmeatPosted 2/13/2013 11:41:48 PM
Its short. Not bad. But if you don't plan on playing online much, (Anarchy Reigns) is a short run.

It's like eating at a lesser known burger joint when you really wanted something from the larger chain restaurant.

In this case, 'Anarchy Reigns' makes you want to play SPAWN for Dreamcast more, rather than make you forget about the good days before online play.

---
"We are many, you are but one.." --Ermac, Mortal Kombat 9
#9yarrmateysPosted 2/14/2013 4:13:16 AM
The campaign is a bit ho-hum, the meat of the game lies in the MP. No local MP which is a big minus, the community is dwindling already, and have already been playing since June, making for a very rough initial MP experience.

Inoffensive, but will leave you disappointed if you come in with high expectations. It's just about worth it at its price point of $30, pretty solid, but that's it. Soundtrack is awesome as someone has already stated above.

P*'s efforts were in the right place though, brave enough to among the first melee multiplayer brawlers (along with NG3 and GoW:A). It's rough around the edges and occasionally fun but falls short of the usual P* lofty standards.
---
--
-
#10MuintirPosted 2/14/2013 5:50:41 AM
the game is sub par and the MP isnt much better than the SP. Its probably one of the worse beat em ups ive played tbh.
---
http://i44.tinypic.com/b8jncy.jpg .... http://i.imgur.com/EjVaT6l.jpg ....
http://i48.tinypic.com/r29m5f.jpg