This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

gearbox/timegate/sega really ****** up Prometheus you beta nonces

#11RayconPosted 2/14/2013 2:32:36 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
Xechs posted...
^ Aaaaand this is why devs make half assed games. People will still "love" them.

Go look at the war z board. There are genuine people that love that game even though that game is a true 4 and below score. They like it because there are really no true survival horror zombie game, other then DayZ which is a mod. Aliens has all the hopes and dreams of alien fans especially when it's dub cannon. Still the first AvP game back on PC and the arcade beatem ups is the franchise best and that well over 10 years ago so people are itching for their fix even if it's terrible.

I think that it has more to do with people not being able to admit they bought a **** game. They invest $60 in a game that turns out to be garbage, and instead of sucking it up and thinking they made a (very) bad decision by buying into the hype for a game that has had troubled development and basically nothing for previews, they say that it's a great game. If you lie enough, *somebody* will have to believe you, right?

But I don't see many people saying it's a great game. In fact, a lot of the ones that enjoy admit it's pretty lazy game, but still find something they like about it anyway.

As for me, I'm holding out for Sega's response to this disaster (if there's one at all). Worse case, I'll pick it up when it's $20 or less.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#12riddlebox89Posted 2/14/2013 2:42:30 PM
EinherjerShadow posted...
^ Aaaaand this is why devs make half assed games. People will still "love" them.

So what if people liked the game? Is there some unwritten rule that says people can't like games even if they're not made very well? Who died and named you the person who decides what people can and can't like?
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#13Shy420Posted 2/14/2013 2:53:39 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
EinherjerShadow posted...

So what if people liked the game? Is there some unwritten rule that says people can't like games even if they're not made very well? Who died and named you the person who decides what people can and can't like?

Whaaat, you mean the person who decides what people can and can't like has died. He was a pretty nice guy once you got to know him. Had him on my friends list.

I have a theory that for every game out there there is someone to whom that game is a favorite. If you know nothing about what went on with Gearbox, Timegate and what has happened with Aliens from the demo to finished product but were a fan of the movies they would probably like the game. Having seen the demo and the finished product myself I can't support this game.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#14AnonUnknownPosted 2/14/2013 2:56:35 PM
Prometheus?
---
PSN ID: Lance_87 (Now playing: Harmony of Despair)
#15TroutfischPosted 2/14/2013 3:00:09 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
I think that it has more to do with people not being able to admit they bought a **** game. They invest $60 in a game that turns out to be garbage, and instead of sucking it up and thinking they made a (very) bad decision by buying into the hype for a game that has had troubled development and basically nothing for previews, they say that it's a great game. If you lie enough, *somebody* will have to believe you, right?

Agreed

As consumers we tend to make the most out of bad purchases, and video games are no exception.
---
PSN: Troutfisch
#16Dave_Kirkham(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 6:12:00 PM
AnonUnknown posted...
Prometheus?

facehuggers and DNA pasties
---
I am not a screenwriter. I am a used car salesman. I spend more on toys than my own 3 kids and I hate anything Sony puts out even if it is widely praised.