This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you like Final Fantasy 12 and 13?

#11AnonUnknownPosted 2/14/2013 5:06:01 AM
Played 12, not 13.
---
PSN ID: Lance_87 (Now playing: Harmony of Despair)
#12Anodyne11Posted 2/14/2013 5:14:12 AM
I like both.
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#13majin nemesisPosted 2/14/2013 5:23:30 AM
13>>12
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#14TeepoPosted 2/14/2013 5:38:17 AM
On a whole no.. but that doesn't mean i didn't like some of the concepts there in.

Lightning should have been more of a main character like in previous Final Fantasy games. However despite her being depicted as a Leader or sorts, she felt more like a face in a crowd of people. The story didn't revolve around her as closely as previous FF games main protags have. Yes her sister was in need of saving but that was the reason for like 2 other people as well, Snow and Vanille indirectly. Still I liked Lightning, just wish the story revolved around her more so and her journey.

Ashe should have been the main character in her game. In that it would have been a much tighter story had they started with her in the very beginning and us taking control of her from the moment the war began and Roslar or whatever his name is goes off to war. Everything from that moment onward until the end of the game would have been a great, great story. We really don't need Vaan and Penelo's side adventure or dream but it could have been tacked on as optional character recruitment and side quest.

Sound was good in both games, I've never complained about a FF soundtrack because there is usually one or two songs in any game that sound great and that's enough for me to give music a passing nod.

The Paradigm system was nice the Crystal-Spire Grid thing not so much. The License Board was horrible and led to generic character builds eventually.

Magic in FF12 was boring to cast and weapons out paced magic in damage and effectiveness eventually. (Did Vaan just attack that thing 9 times? lol) Magic in FF13 was much better in that it was instant and regardless of damage offered another underlining use in chain building.
---
Teepo, the Dark Dragon of Destiny.
#15realskillz1990Posted 2/14/2013 5:41:31 AM
ff12 was great and that is where the final fantasy series ended for me.
---
You release your game and it has disc locked content and day 1 dlc I will just buy your game used.
#16Spetsnaz420Posted 2/14/2013 5:44:14 AM
I didn't like 13 but I absolutely loved 12...easily one of my favorite FF games. In fact I loved it do much I bought FF:Tactics just because it happens in the same world
---
A tiger doesn't lose sleep to the opinions of sheep
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#17nouseravailablePosted 2/14/2013 5:46:13 AM
badboy posted...
13 is better than 12

Agreed. Both games are just alrightish at most. FF13 had some solid character development and a story with potential.
---
NP: Ocarina of Time 3D, Ni No Kuni and P4Arena
#18ThamauturgePosted 2/14/2013 5:55:55 AM
Love 12, loathe 13
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#19LUCIUS 20Posted 2/14/2013 6:28:05 AM
Loved 12 hated 13. I loved the scale of 12. It felt epic. The story was great. I enjoyed the combat. I really wish we could get an he update or I would love to have it on the Vita. Even just a release as a classic on the ps network.
---
1 line break(s), 160 characters allowed
#20SoliquidusPosted 2/14/2013 6:40:53 AM
12 is actually my fave RPG of all time. I love games with deep, complex Combat Systems. 12 arguably has the deepest Combat System in all the FF Franchise, and one of the deepest in the history of RPGs. Plus, I just loved living in this world, and the Characters were so endearing to me.
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing