This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wow, Resident Evil: Revelations looks great. (HD Screenshots on PS3)

#11Junpei_Stupei(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:48:48 AM(edited)
2NIKNIM posted...
http://uk.gamespot.com/resident-evil-revelations/videos/resident-evil-revelations-brings-its-survival-horror-to-consoles-6403876/

Coooool.... They actually trashed the "first person view while aiming" in the 3DS, and replaced it with the more standardized "over the shoulder aim" you used in Resident Evil 5.

That is definitely a huge plus for me. I'll probably buy this when there are no games for PS3 again (like now). Probably on October or November maybe? I'll still be playing Deadly Premonition during May.

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#12calhoun1389Posted 2/14/2013 5:50:41 AM
calhoun1389 posted...
Misread the title as "Resident Evil: Retribution" and was reminded of that disappointing film... game looks good though.

I thought all the films were disappointing. Or am I wrong?

At least the first 4 were entertaining so long as you went into them without expecting the actual RE story. The last one was just underwhelming even by the standards set by the previous films.
---
http://digitalmasters.4umotion.com/ Join and make friends.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#13este914Posted 2/14/2013 5:51:40 AM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
2NIKNIM posted...
http://uk.gamespot.com/resident-evil-revelations/videos/resident-evil-revelations-brings-its-survival-horror-to-consoles-6403876/

Coooool.... They actually trashed the "first person view while aiming" in the 3DS, and replaced it with the more standardized "over the shoulder aim" you used in Resident Evil 5.

That is definitely a huge plus for me. I'll probably buy this when there are no games for PS3 again (like now). Probably on October or November maybe? I'll still be playing Deadly Premonition during May.

I'll probably get during the summer time at some point. Even though the game comes out right around my birthday...hmmm... Still waiting for that RE6 re-release tho...
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#14danny_S_06Posted 2/14/2013 5:54:50 AM
Sure it's a year old but you will get loads of play time out of it, Raid Mode is fun and there is loads of replay value.

Stop being so cheap! :)
---
PSN: CaptainSellers (UK)
#15lambchipsPosted 2/14/2013 5:55:28 AM
Junpei_Stupei posted...
ote>Coooool.... They actually trashed the "first person view while aiming" in the 3DS, and replaced it with the more standardized "over the shoulder aim" you used in Resident Evil 5.

the 3ds version had over the shoulder aiming... its just that the default setting is set to first person
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#16Junpei_Stupei(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 6:32:16 AM(edited)
Jill's scuba-diving suit ass looks great in HD by the way. She definitely looks better than Sheva.

Ugh... Sheva. Something about her just doesn't look right. Even those new girls in RE6 look better. Maybe because she's....

She's...

---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#17angry_cowtipperPosted 2/14/2013 6:52:12 AM
Is this the 3DS game? I knew it wouldn't stay there.
---
Don't Starve (PC), Okami HD (PS3), Halo: Reach (360), Dungeon Defenders (AND), Gravity Rush (VITA)
#18RyuuHou25Posted 2/14/2013 7:00:31 AM
CorathTheHung posted...
Not for 50$

QFT
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#19deathsaber79Posted 2/14/2013 7:10:47 AM
Its actually a better Resident Evil game than 6.

It sort of combines the play style of Resident Evil 4 (though with twin stick controls for moving/strafing, and you can backpedal, abeit slowly while aiming), and the style of the old games, where you are kind of in one persistant location, searching various rooms, and are free to wonder to a degree.

Some have complained since Jill's chapters on the ship (probably 60-70% of the game) are broken up by other characters, who tend to have linear action based stages, and most of these new guys stink.

But still, it looks like they are actually making an effort here to make this a worthy HD game optimized for console, and not just cheaply port it, with a quick HD filter.
#20AnthonM2Posted 2/14/2013 7:12:05 AM
danny_S_06 posted...
AnthonM2 posted...
Is this like the old games slow, boring and a new puzzle every two seconds? or an action game like RE6?

Nope.

Since unlike RE6 it is actually a good game.

RE6 was great, so this means it's not for me.