This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What happens if Sony does NOT reveal PS4 next week?

#21gtaking5Posted 2/14/2013 8:52:55 AM
gtaking5 posted...
I don't know if there were any clues or anything to suggest it would be PS4, seems to me everyone has just assumed it will be PS4 when it could be anything. Some people reckon it will be that streaming service thing, something starting with "g".

People just assuming. There was no indication at all that it'd be the PS4. Just that little teaser trailer that indicates nothing. I'm still guaranteeing it'll be some kind of yearly event like E3, but exclusive to Sony and Sony partners, with the main focus on the PlayStation brand. And of course, there will be no mention of the PS4. And when that happens, let the delicious tears flow.

Gaikai

No, you're wrong, it isn't just assumptions. The event is a PlayStation Meeting, they have only ever been called for hardware reveals. Also the promotional material is so mysterious, if it was what you described why wouldn't they just announce it as such? It's quite obviously a PS4 reveal.

Cause Sony don't have the best ideas when it comes to marketing. See the PS3 campaign.
---
Bad sex, buy me a train wreck
Something for my troubled mind
#22_The_Hitcher_Posted 2/14/2013 8:55:20 AM
Doesn't address how it's a PS meeting and what that has always meant, or how the sheer number of invites can't be for anything else. "lol incompetence" isn't a counterargument.
---
PSN: ForeverLost
XBL: ForeverLost360
#23Alky88Posted 2/14/2013 9:11:08 AM
I've received like 3-4 e-mails regarding this conference. Obviously Sony is going to show something big otherwise why bother?
Also the last two Playstation meetings were for PS3 and Vita reveals.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#24LsnakePosted 2/14/2013 9:25:33 AM
Nothing, Sony hasn't said anything about PS4. We just assume it. I don't even assume it, I don't even hope it, I'm prepared for something much, much less interesting. Although, if it's the future of Playstation, then I'll still admit that I can only think of two things: PS4 or Cloud Gaming.

I thought Sony would save the PS4 reveal until closer to E3, but by all means, surprise me Sony.
---
-War. War never changes. (Fallout)
-War. War has changed. (MGS4)
#25KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/14/2013 9:55:26 AM
I'd get over it pretty quickly.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#26ArkonBladePosted 2/14/2013 10:42:05 AM
"What happens if Sony does NOT reveal PS4 next week?"

Then you will just wait longer.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#27KDogg1800Posted 2/14/2013 10:53:02 AM
I said it before that it would be funny if it's not the PS4. Personally I was leaning more towards Gakai. People could be hyping themselves up for nothing...
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png
#28gintu394Posted 2/14/2013 10:57:09 AM
With how much hype, press they invited to the meeting it would surely damage them in someway. It's much worse for Sony if it isn't the ps4 and not just from fans whining and moaning.