This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For Valentine's Day, what is the worst love story in a video game?

#11SkiethXInnisPosted 2/14/2013 12:18:42 PM
HOTJaVaLaVa posted...
Since there is such a good topic about this going on - I highly encourage anyone to post on it if they have not yet - how about if we go the opposite route? What are some of the worst love stories you have seen attempted in a game, whether it was done poorly, was forced, contrived, etc?

You came up with a good idea,I also support this topic. I think FF7 left a bad taste in my mouth,it's obvious that Cloud and Tifa love each other.....
---
"Thousand die while a million are born." -Yu Narakami (Persona 4 Arena)
#12TerotrousPosted 2/14/2013 12:25:44 PM
I thought of another one that really stood out for its badness.

Brave Story New Traveler for PSP

The entire game is spent building up a love story that just dies at the end. It doesn't end tragically or anything, it's just abruptly forgotten at the very end with no closure. Its ending seems like something that should have been a bad ending, except that there aren't any others.

The ending is just this character looking sad for a few minutes while the credits roll, but there's no indication that the other character cares in the slightest

Actually, Star Ocean 1 / First Departure is really terrible for this too. Games with relationship systems shouldn't force you into lame tragic endings that just make the whole thing seem pointless.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#13theatrical_catPosted 2/14/2013 12:31:38 PM
Sonic and Elise from Sonic 06.

They say that whoever watches the cutscene where they kiss and doesn't shake their head in disgust is the Antichrist.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#14TehTrumpCardPosted 2/14/2013 12:37:40 PM
The worst love I've ever seen in any game would have to be Emil and Marta's in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

Annoying girl clings to meek guy, meek guy retaliates in failure, guy comes to like girl despite all of her annoying, clingy qualities. -.-
---
...Life is tedious if it ain't flowing... Trump x E4's Caitlin
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#15nihilist212Posted 2/14/2013 12:38:52 PM
Ezio and Christina in AC: Brotherhood. It was a REALLY pointless side story.
---
Go, then.....there are other worlds than these.
psn: jcvdismyhero
#16PolishCockatielPosted 2/14/2013 12:41:43 PM
My favorite love story in games is MGS3 Snake Eater and how Ocelot develops a crush on Big Boss
#17PolishCockatielPosted 2/14/2013 12:43:13 PM
h darn, I thought I was posting in the favorite love story thread
#18Tigerspike1Posted 2/14/2013 12:44:42 PM
I know a lot of people will disagree, but Final Fantasy X.

I think Square needs to stay away from writing romance plots.
#19MrMikeMaPosted 2/14/2013 12:45:49 PM
Mario and Princess Peach

They have no chemistry, and he cannot keep Bowser from Kidnapping her
#20DignatoReRaisedPosted 2/14/2013 12:46:38 PM
TehTrumpCard posted...
The worst love I've ever seen in any game would have to be Emil and Marta's in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

Annoying girl clings to meek guy, meek guy retaliates in failure, guy comes to like girl despite all of her annoying, clingy qualities. -.-

Not to mention the goddamn RIDICULOUS reason she fell in love with him. Ugh that game's entire plot was awful, even among other Tales of games >__>
---
PSN: DignatoRR || Pawn: Skarid - Ranger - Level 30 and rising