This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AngryJoe Colonial Marines review

#81SeithriPosted 2/15/2013 4:32:50 PM
yeah about that remark on that isn't explaining why a game is good or bad the definition of a reviewer...

yes.. yes it is...

look at how many reviewers actually follow that

yup.. thats right.... not that many...
---
PSN: Seithri
#82OmegaPosted 2/15/2013 4:36:57 PM
lol "Angry"Joe.

Doesn't he wait for professional reviews to be released first and just copy/paste from them and complaints on game forums?
---
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
#83LtMessiahDM504Posted 2/15/2013 7:22:51 PM
lol "Angry"Joe.

Doesn't he wait for professional reviews to be released first and just copy/paste from them and complaints on game forums?

That's the guy
#84bdfan4everPosted 2/15/2013 8:20:29 PM
Omega posted...
lol "Angry"Joe.

I think he puts a lot of thought into his reviews. Actually, at times, TOO much thought. While I enjoy his reviews, I really don't think he has the gaming chops to appreciate a wide array of games.
If you look at all games he's reviewed, they MOSTLY consist of western productions. would he give Okami a fair shot? What about Persona 4? Journey? Limbo? Braid? I don't really think he has the maturity to really step outside of his comfort zone.
#85suprsoliderPosted 2/17/2013 2:32:00 AM
Most reviewers only review one version of a game. Joe doesn't get free review copies either. You can't seriously expect him to buy like 3 copies of every game.
--

I never said he had to. But he never mentions the PS3 exclusive games. It's like they don't exist.

He even admits that he didn't start gaming until Last Gen with Xbox, and doesn't care about titles older than that.
He isn't a gamer.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#86killakPosted 2/17/2013 2:37:00 AM
I spent most of today gaming this on the 360, answering some of the achievement challenges, and challenges in general.... I really have fun with it, graphics aside. I even had the AI go to sleep on quite a few occasions, and it still didn't hamper the experience.

I do, however, wish they took the experience of the marine campaign in the 2010 AVP game, and planted it into the A:CM campaign, as the aliens seem to take many more bullets to put down, and continue to come at you until they're dead.....whether they have legs or not.

I still maintain that A:CM isn't a Killzone quality shooter, but remains a competent one.
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na