This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does higher difficulty do anything else besides jack enemies stats up?

#1knightoffire55Posted 2/14/2013 4:01:53 PM
I have yet to play a game where enemy behavior is altered on higher difficulties.
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#2IKnowGameFuPosted 2/14/2013 4:06:14 PM
I remember playing Devil May Cry 1's Dante Must Die mode, and the enemies had extra abilities.
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV
#3sean2995Posted 2/14/2013 4:07:10 PM
knightoffire55 posted...
I have yet to play a game where enemy behavior is altered on higher difficulties.

DmC has something like that. Pretty much they attack differently. Even previous DMC games changed how they attacked based on your attacks.

I'll agree higher difficulties in games is just some dumb damage modifier.
#4OhGoodPosted 2/14/2013 4:07:36 PM
well, fallout new vegas and fallout new vegas hardcore mode are completely different beasts, but thats not exactly a difficulty as it is a different game mode.

but in general it's usually just enemies that do more damage and can take more damage, and every so often you'll get a game that just simply increases the enemy count.
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
PSN - Ohgood
#5zyrax2301Posted 2/14/2013 4:10:06 PM
Some games add new mechanics (e.g. enemies having Devil Trigger in DMC games) but for the most part, it just means enemies hit harder and you're weaker.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#6DocDeliciousPosted 2/14/2013 4:13:35 PM
Some do. Most don't.
---
Disgaea 4, Vanquish, Sound Shapes, The Cave, Need For Speed: MW 2012, DmC: Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter FU
PSN: DocDelicious
#7DuneManPosted 2/14/2013 4:51:22 PM
In most games it just adjusts stat sliders in the enemies' favor. In a few it makes enemies more aggressive as well. In far fewer still it introduces new abilities and behaviors for the enemies.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#8majin nemesisPosted 2/14/2013 6:25:22 PM
it depends on the game
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#9superstud69xPosted 2/14/2013 6:48:44 PM
Ninja Gaiden 1/Black/Sigma replaced earlier enemies with harder enemies, increased their stats, and also increased their AI, I think.
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
#10AstroshakPosted 2/14/2013 7:43:37 PM
It changes the game when you're talking XCom. The alien AI gets a big boost if you're comparing the easiest and hardest difficulty levels.