This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

M$- "Everybody Knows" PS3 "Isn't as Good of an Entertainment Console" as Xbox360

#121crazyman32Posted 2/15/2013 6:52:32 PM
kingrat2314 posted...
DougyB posted...
Blu-ray movies are so expensive still. I rarely buy them.

Why is that? Massive licensing fees or something?

They aren't that expensive anymore unless you get a special edition or something. I just pre-ordered the Skyfall Blu Ray on amazon for 20 bucks.

I got the 3 disc Blu-Ray of Skyfall for under $19 at Wal-Mart so,just a dollar cheaper.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#122crazyman32Posted 2/15/2013 6:53:28 PM
Romangelo posted...
well... MS, can you play my blu-ray movies?

ha ha exactly.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
#123kcypher2000Posted 2/15/2013 7:15:57 PM
vashtricham posted...
Quote:DaMan1900 posted...
no blu ray
have to pay $60 a year to use the same apps that are free on the ps3

what joke...

Get a job. Btw ps3 owners hate changin discs so why use a blu ray when everything is digital anyway. Oh and next time you are watching the long psn download then update bar remember that i am laughing at you. Oh and dont lie psn is slow regardless of your connection.

@kcypher2000
6-8 gb game downloads takes me the same amount of time on live and psn every time

Stop lying, no one with a brain believes you. I do love the desperation in this topic though. Never change ponies.
#124kcypher2000Posted 2/15/2013 7:22:21 PM
allgdnamesrgone posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
lostkiwi posted...
Actually, honest question here.

What can the 360 do media/entertainment wise that the PS3 can't?

Lot more apps and channels. Little history lesson but netflix started on 360 and while MS continues to expand Sony continues to copy.

Little bit of a correct history lesson, Netflix started their streaming on PC back when the N64/PS1 was out, meaning MS wasn't even in the Video Game Industry yet, and was still a company even before that just delievering DVDs. You act like Netflix owes its success to MS lol o.o Like all companies they try to expand their business. They streamed on 360 before Ps3, so? They were a giant and the main video source before that.

Point kiddo is that while the ps3 plays catch up the 360 continues to innovate. Ps3 gets netflix late then has to use a disc to even load it. So for real gamers who have had both consoles since launch it is obvious that Sony has been playing follow the leader all gen. They still are and this is why they are failing. Look at the pathetic vita sales for proof. Great hardware, with no idea or plan to use it right.
#125dolablaPosted 2/15/2013 8:17:53 PM(edited)
kcypher2000 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
lostkiwi posted...

Lot more apps and channels. Little history lesson but netflix started on 360 and while MS continues to expand Sony continues to copy.

Little bit of a correct history lesson, Netflix started their streaming on PC back when the N64/PS1 was out, meaning MS wasn't even in the Video Game Industry yet, and was still a company even before that just delievering DVDs. You act like Netflix owes its success to MS lol o.o Like all companies they try to expand their business. They streamed on 360 before Ps3, so? They were a giant and the main video source before that.

Point kiddo is that while the ps3 plays catch up the 360 continues to innovate. Ps3 gets netflix late then has to use a disc to even load it. So for real gamers who have had both consoles since launch it is obvious that Sony has been playing follow the leader all gen. They still are and this is why they are failing. Look at the pathetic vita sales for proof. Great hardware, with no idea or plan to use it right.

360 is innovating? I know one thing, it sure as hell hasn't had any good exclusive games lately, not unless you like the same rehashed Halo, Gears, Forza etc. That's all that really matters to me are the games. And I own both consoles FTR.

And I will say the Sony made plenty of mistakes this gen. They even know that. Microsoft was able to capitalize on Sony's mistakes, which is why did well this gen. But if I could only choose one, I'd easily choose PS3 because of its exclusives and future exclusive line up. 360's future exclusive lineup is basically non existent right now. They have no games. It's a joke.
#126vashtrichamPosted 2/15/2013 9:14:18 PM(edited)
Quote:vashtricham posted...
Quote:DaMan1900 posted...
no blu ray
have to pay $60 a year to use the same apps that are free on the ps3

what joke...

Get a job. Btw ps3 owners hate changin discs so why use a blu ray when everything is digital anyway. Oh and next time you are watching the long psn download then update bar remember that i am laughing at you. Oh and dont lie psn is slow regardless of your connection.
@kcypher2000
6-8 gb game downloads takes me the same amount of time on live and psn every time

Stop lying, no one with a brain believes you. I do love the desperation in this topic though. Never change ponies.

@kcypher2000
Some of us have upgraded since the dsl days. I buy mostly Digital I am we'll aware of my average download times for different size files

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#127allgdnamesrgonePosted 2/15/2013 9:34:38 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
lostkiwi posted...

Lol. You're a hardcore fanboy. 360 innovating, how? Because they allowed streaming Videos first? lol. Or maybe the now defunct HD-DVD? How the next Xbox is using blu-ray now. Or perhaps how launch 360s didn't even have wifi part of the system? You had to get an add-on? I'd prefer wireless over using a disc for netflix. And then they started adding Wi-Fi built into their system which all other consoles had. If anything they've all been playing follow the leader from Nintendo. And you talk about desperation? Kettle meet pot. "Real gamers" lol. I don't throw all my money into video games and stay bottled up in my house all day if that's what you mean. Enjoy the basement "kiddo"
#128godslayer61Posted 2/15/2013 9:41:18 PM
kingrat2314 posted...
DougyB posted...

They aren't that expensive anymore unless you get a special edition or something. I just pre-ordered the Skyfall Blu Ray on amazon for 20 bucks.

you can buy alot great movies on blue ray from $5 -10 walmart and bestbuy are the best to find them at that price and new realeseas are always expensive even dvds are $20 -30 for a new realease.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#129Lefty128kPosted 2/15/2013 10:48:03 PM
Rob_the_Ninja posted...
calhoun1389 posted...

$20-25 is expensive?

For recent movies. Older movies are usually $10-15.

$7 at Walmart.
#130CrazyFool319Posted 2/15/2013 10:57:05 PM
Anyone who seriously thinks that Blu Ray is a better deal than DVD needs to gtfo. I'm all about Blu Rays being better, but usually they are in the range of 5-10 dollars more. Put that into perspective. You can buy 3 blu rays for every 4 dvds you buy. While Blu Ray provides a mildly better experience it really isnt all that mind blowing until you actually look at a side to side. Do i really need to watch a movie in uber high def to be satisfied? Is that blu ray copy of The Dark Knight really that much better than the DVD? Its like watching a movie in the theatres at an IMAX every single time. Its just not necessary. Yes certain movies have a more noticeable difference, but to say its worth it every time is beyond dumb.
---
SEAHAWKS