This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

M$- "Everybody Knows" PS3 "Isn't as Good of an Entertainment Console" as Xbox360

#41dolablaPosted 2/14/2013 8:53:23 PM
Sony's gonna take Microsoft to school this upcoming gen. Sony has their mojo back.
#42StriderNemesisPosted 2/14/2013 8:57:16 PM
DougyB posted...
Blu-ray movies are so expensive still. I rarely buy them.

Why is that? Massive licensing fees or something?

LOL. Are you serious? If something, DVD's are ridiculously expensive right now, considering they're only marginally cheaper than Blu-rays (if you compare the same title), and you get way less in terms of resolution.
#43TheZeldaFanPosted 2/14/2013 9:11:38 PM
Seifer_us posted...
They're just stirring the pot. Everybody likes to stir the pot a bit when a rival might have a big announcement approaching. It's par for the course.

Pretty much this.
---
I made this name when I was a loser with no life. I wish I could change my name. ~gamecubeplayer
#44indigna7ionPosted 2/14/2013 9:18:06 PM
Most blu ray movies are 10-20$ here in Canada anyway lol. They aren't expensive like some people suggest. 3D blu rays are like 30$ though.
#45lostkiwiPosted 2/14/2013 9:19:53 PM
Actually, honest question here.

What can the 360 do media/entertainment wise that the PS3 can't?
---
Check out my investigation into 7th generation exclusives here:
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/
#46kcypher2000Posted 2/14/2013 9:28:41 PM
lostkiwi posted...

Lot more apps and channels. Little history lesson but netflix started on 360 and while MS continues to expand Sony continues to copy.
#47dark trunksPosted 2/14/2013 9:36:16 PM
I can honestly say, in the years that I have had my Xbox 360, I have never used it for anything but video games. I watch DVDs and Blu-Rays on my PS3. I rarely listen to music, and I'd never listen to music over a console. I have my Sky+ HD box if I need it, and it's not that bad when I can download an HD film for free anytime I want onto the machine.

Then I have my PS3, my Wii/Wii U and my PC if I want to play games. I have to admit, my Xbox has not been used in about a year, possibly two years. I was never a fan of their exclusives, I don't bother with multiplatform games on it anymore having moved to the PC, and the exclusives I have on my PS3, my Wii and Wii U I find more enjoyable.

It can be a media centre all it wants, but the more they go in that direction, the less interested I am in the machine. So much in fact, that I already plan to avoid the next Xbox. If anything I'll stick with my Wii U, and I might buy a PS4. I have a feeling I'll not be that interested in the next Xbox. I bought a console for games, not to have advertisements pushed in my face and every ******* source of entertainment under the sun.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#48UniversquallPosted 2/14/2013 9:38:01 PM
lostkiwi posted...

Flood the system with ads
---
After the Fallout
#49lostkiwiPosted 2/14/2013 9:38:12 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
lostkiwi posted...

Lot more apps and channels. Little history lesson but netflix started on 360 and while MS continues to expand Sony continues to copy.

It's rather ironic that more people use the PS3 to watch netflix than on the 360 then.
---
Check out my investigation into 7th generation exclusives here:
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/
#50ExtremeLightPosted 2/14/2013 9:38:37 PM
Romangelo posted...
well... MS, can you play my blu-ray movies?

HAHAHa GOood one.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!