This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Problem with sharing downloads.

#1SSoMPosted 2/14/2013 6:39:18 PM
So I loaned my cousin my PSN info so he can download a few things. They say if you're logged onto someone else's PS3 you can download this and that from your list on their console. For some reason, he's can't. Says there's a message saying that the items* he's trying to download are already on two PS3's...which is absolutely ludicrous because I'm well beyond 100% sure that I didn't sign in to any other console (not like I know others with PS3s and I NEVER trusted others with my username and such until last week). Please tell me this is some glitch. Or a step was skipped. Said cousin lives a fair distance away so I can't exactly go there myself to see what's what.

*the stuff in question is just three, if it matters...

Mass Effect 2 Ultimate Edition
Corpse Party
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows

Ridiculous since the latter two are PSP/Vita games. Please don't tell me Sony outright removed this feature.
#2ThaiNoodlesPosted 2/14/2013 6:47:09 PM
If you use your psn account on your psp/vita as well as your ps3, that counts as 2 systems, you can only have your psn info on 2 systems at a time, therefore your cousin is out of luck.
#3KDogg1800Posted 2/14/2013 6:53:29 PM(edited)
If you use your psn account on your psp/vita as well as your ps3, that counts as 2 systems, you can only have your psn info on 2 systems at a time, therefore your cousin is out of luck.

Incorrect! My sister downloads my content perfectly fine on her PS3 with my PS3,Vita & PSP all attached to my account. I don't know where you get that nonsense from.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png
#4kel25Posted 2/14/2013 6:53:54 PM
ThaiNoodles posted...

I didn't know that but it makes me want to own a Vita even less. It makes me wonder what Sony will do when they release a PS4 that isn't backwards compatible. There will be people that want to have their PSN ID on their PS3, PS4, and Vita.
#5arclouks_xPosted 2/14/2013 7:07:19 PM
kel25 posted...
ThaiNoodles posted...

I didn't know that but it makes me want to own a Vita even less. It makes me wonder what Sony will do when they release a PS4 that isn't backwards compatible. There will be people that want to have their PSN ID on their PS3, PS4, and Vita.

This guy is wrong, you can have 2 vitas/psp and 2 ps3 per account. So 4 consoles can share the content.
---
PSn:arclouksx/JustArc_ -Now playing:,Ps all stars(Dat kat),Dissidia Duodecim, Vagrant story.
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAarclouksx.png
#6kel25Posted 2/14/2013 7:08:42 PM
I looked into and it looks like you guys were right. Thanks for giving me the correct info.
#7SSoM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 7:33:33 PM
Firstly, my PSN account is only on two things. PS3 and PSP. Don't have a Vita but my cousin does, as well as a PS3. The fact that others haven't come across this problem is a little disconcerting. On the other hand, he might've skipped a step. I have no way of knowing if he actually created a new username first and tried logging into the PSN through that. Assuming that makes any difference. This being my first time trying this sharing thing doesn't help.
#8KDogg1800Posted 2/15/2013 1:51:46 AM(edited)
Go here and sign in ...https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/devices/device-list.action?category=psn

Check and see how many PS3's you have activated.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png
#9riddlebox89Posted 2/15/2013 1:56:51 AM
arclouks_x posted...
kel25 posted...
ThaiNoodles posted...

This guy is wrong, you can have 2 vitas/psp and 2 ps3 per account. So 4 consoles can share the content.

This, hell I thought it would've been common knowledge ever since the deal with the hack got over with and it was explained in detail to everyone with a functional brain.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#10crazyman32Posted 2/15/2013 2:00:59 AM
arclouks_x posted...
kel25 posted...
ThaiNoodles posted...

correct.This is clearly shown on the SEN site.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.