This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Problem with sharing downloads.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Problem with sharing downloads.

User Info: SSoM

SSoM
3 years ago#1
So I loaned my cousin my PSN info so he can download a few things. They say if you're logged onto someone else's PS3 you can download this and that from your list on their console. For some reason, he's can't. Says there's a message saying that the items* he's trying to download are already on two PS3's...which is absolutely ludicrous because I'm well beyond 100% sure that I didn't sign in to any other console (not like I know others with PS3s and I NEVER trusted others with my username and such until last week). Please tell me this is some glitch. Or a step was skipped. Said cousin lives a fair distance away so I can't exactly go there myself to see what's what.

*the stuff in question is just three, if it matters...

Mass Effect 2 Ultimate Edition
Corpse Party
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows

Ridiculous since the latter two are PSP/Vita games. Please don't tell me Sony outright removed this feature.

User Info: ThaiNoodles

ThaiNoodles
3 years ago#2
If you use your psn account on your psp/vita as well as your ps3, that counts as 2 systems, you can only have your psn info on 2 systems at a time, therefore your cousin is out of luck.

User Info: KDogg1800

KDogg1800
3 years ago#3
If you use your psn account on your psp/vita as well as your ps3, that counts as 2 systems, you can only have your psn info on 2 systems at a time, therefore your cousin is out of luck.

Incorrect! My sister downloads my content perfectly fine on her PS3 with my PS3,Vita & PSP all attached to my account. I don't know where you get that nonsense from.
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png

User Info: kel25

kel25
3 years ago#4
ThaiNoodles posted...

I didn't know that but it makes me want to own a Vita even less. It makes me wonder what Sony will do when they release a PS4 that isn't backwards compatible. There will be people that want to have their PSN ID on their PS3, PS4, and Vita.

User Info: arclouks_x

arclouks_x
3 years ago#5
kel25 posted...
ThaiNoodles posted...

I didn't know that but it makes me want to own a Vita even less. It makes me wonder what Sony will do when they release a PS4 that isn't backwards compatible. There will be people that want to have their PSN ID on their PS3, PS4, and Vita.

This guy is wrong, you can have 2 vitas/psp and 2 ps3 per account. So 4 consoles can share the content.
PSn:arclouksx/JustArc_ -Now playing:,Ps all stars(Dat kat),Dissidia Duodecim, Vagrant story.
http://rebelallianceclan.com/signatures/RAarclouksx.png

User Info: kel25

kel25
3 years ago#6
I looked into and it looks like you guys were right. Thanks for giving me the correct info.

User Info: SSoM

SSoM
3 years ago#7
Firstly, my PSN account is only on two things. PS3 and PSP. Don't have a Vita but my cousin does, as well as a PS3. The fact that others haven't come across this problem is a little disconcerting. On the other hand, he might've skipped a step. I have no way of knowing if he actually created a new username first and tried logging into the PSN through that. Assuming that makes any difference. This being my first time trying this sharing thing doesn't help.

User Info: KDogg1800

KDogg1800
3 years ago#8
Go here and sign in ...https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/cam/devices/device-list.action?category=psn

Check and see how many PS3's you have activated.
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png

User Info: riddlebox89

riddlebox89
3 years ago#9
arclouks_x posted...
kel25 posted...
ThaiNoodles posted...

This guy is wrong, you can have 2 vitas/psp and 2 ps3 per account. So 4 consoles can share the content.

This, hell I thought it would've been common knowledge ever since the deal with the hack got over with and it was explained in detail to everyone with a functional brain.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.

User Info: crazyman32

crazyman32
3 years ago#10
arclouks_x posted...
kel25 posted...
ThaiNoodles posted...

correct.This is clearly shown on the SEN site.
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that.I apologize for nothing.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Problem with sharing downloads.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived